Digital web technology is emerging on a daily basis, mostly everything is going online. As a result, many new opportunities are now entering the world of web development to create better pathways for web developers. And, interest amongst individuals for getting into web development has been increased.
However, you can easily start learning and exploring web development. But, the best way to grow in this field is to have the right courses and resources. With these courses, you will be able to learn things and cover concepts under expert-level assistance. Related to this, in this blog we will understand about web development and its trending area in which you can start your career.
First, let’s learn about the basics of what exactly web development is! So that it will be easier to understand the further things.
Overview of Web Development
Web development basically refers to the process used for building websites and applications for the internet. This is not only concerned with the design of a website but also about the coding and programming for powering the website’s functionality. Professionals working as web developers hold the ability to create tools for building static web pages and apps including from eCommerce websites to content management systems (CMS).
Websites that are created have three fundamental components that manage interaction between a user and a website. This include:
- Firstly, Client or Frontend that includes local computer, device, or browser.
- Secondly Server or Backend that Includes site code generation and database handling.
- Lastly, Database that refers to a web database which is accessible from a local network or the internet.
You should know that to make your website successful, it is necessary to have good design as well as it should provide a smooth user experience.
Features of a user-friendly website
For every web developer it is important to build a website that covers all the important things required to provide users a better experience. Let’s know about them,
- Firstly, every website should have mobile compatibility as many people use their mobile phones to access the Internet. And, creating a mobile-optimized website has now become a necessity.
- Secondly, it is important that the website should provide a wide range of information and resources to attract their target market.So, there is a need to plan your website sections and categories carefully.
- Thirdly, you should understand that the average internet user goes through the content on a web page instead of reading each and every word. That is to say, it is important to format your content with this in mind.
- Next, the website should not take a lot of time to load as it can search engine ranking.
- Lastly, there is a need for a robust protection for the website due to the increase of cyberattacks. For this, you will need a web host that provides essential security tools such as strong firewalls, intrusion, and malware protection.
Above we have understood the basics of web development and a brief about websites. But, the important thing that is necessary for every developer is to have familiarity and proficiency in programming languages. For this, below we will talk about the topmost areas that can help you create a better career in the web development field.
Web Development: Trending Courses
Firstly, we will start with trending one that is, Angular.
Certified Angular Developer
Angular is a platform and framework used for building single-page client applications using HTML and TypeScript. This is basically written in TypeScript and implements core and optional functionality as a set of TypeScript libraries. Coming on to the Course, the Angular Developer course is intended for web developers, programmers, and graduates who want to excel in this area.
Who should take this certification?
- Angular 8 Developer Certification
- Certified Angular 6 Developer
- Angular 7 Developer Certification
- ReactJS Developer Certification
Angular Developer: Salary
According to a survey, the average base pay of an Angular Developer is more than INR 460,000 per year in India.
- Firstly, add meaning to raw content by marking it up using the HTML.
- Secondly, a format that marked-up content using CSS.
However, to learn and master this there are courses available that you can take and advance your skills.
- HTML Designer Certification Course
- CSS Designer Certification Course
Web Developer: Salary
Talking about the salary for Web Developer, the average reported salaries for Amazon.com Inc is ₹1,425,000. For other companies like Directi and Accenture, it is around ₹678,018 and ₹476,474, respectively. Next, for Cognizant it is around ₹390,410.
Python refers to an object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. This has dynamic typing and dynamic binding for making it attractive for Rapid Application Development. Python supports modules and packages for encouraging program modularity and code reuse. Getting certified as a Python Developer will help you gain skills and perform tasks like:
- Firstly, writing scalable code using Python programming language. And, testing and debugging applications.
- Secondly, developing back-end components as well as integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Then, assessing and prioritizing client feature requests and coordinating with front-end developers.
- Lastly, reprogramming existing databases for improving functionality and developing digital tools to monitor online traffic.
Python Developer: Salary
According to a recent survey, the average salary for a python developer is ₹ 5,44,022 per year in India.
WordPress is for making a fully customized website for any design. Whether it is for building a blog, a personal portfolio, or a company website, wordpress cam handles all. On becoming a wordpress developer, you will be able to understand the content management system (CMS), as well about SEO importance.
As a WordPress developer you will learn about:
- Firstly, how to engage with clients for addressing website design and function.
- Secondly, the process of sketching and making the website front-end.
- Thirdly, the process of building the website architecture.
- Then, creating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Lastly, handling website performance tests and troubleshooting content problems.
PHP refers to a server side scripting language that is embedded in HTML. This is for managing dynamic content, databases, session tracking, and even building entire e-commerce sites. However, talking about the market value, PHP is one of the most necessary and recommended web programming languages.
As a PHP developer you will be able to gain skills and abilities to:
- Firstly, troubleshoot and repair any issues associated with PHP programs.
- Secondly, generate scripts for helping client systems to meet performance and goals.
- Thirdly, develop software for client applications.
- Lastly, design documentation for software formulated.
For any job role the final salary is dependent on three prominent factors that includes:
- Firstly, location of the company.
- Secondly, experience you have.
- Thirdly, the market value of the company.
Above we have talked about the major course areas where you can enter to create a good career in web development. But, one thing that is equally important is to choose the right course provider. That is to say, it is important to have the best study resources and assistance to understand the concepts accurately. So, for this, below we have listed the top course providers that will help you in getting certified.
Top Certification Providers
Vskills – India’s Largest Certification Body
Vskills is India’s largest Assessment Body which works on the principle for improving the scope for professional certification and academic testing mechanism. Moreover, Vskills Certification helps in enriching your profile by –
- Improving relevance and applicability
- Helps to build confidence and self-accomplishment
- Improves marketability
- Hike in salary
- Further improved academic recognition
Udemy is an online learning and teaching space present all around globally. We are very certain that you must have a counter with at least one Udemy advertisement for sure.
Simplilearn is a leading certification provider. It provides proper training and coaching that will increase your knowledge and understanding to get certified.
This is an American learning platform. They do provide some free courses. Moreover, they provide professional certificates. Here, you can get lots of youtube videos, tutorials. And, with various other certifications to explore.
Things to remember as Web Developer
- Web developer responsibilities are beyond writing scripts. That is to say, as a web developer you have to meet face-to-face with customers to fully understand the project.
- Secondly, developers in the companies that already completed extensive customer research and surveys have to look at data first-hand to understand the context before starting building out the project.
- Thirdly, it may require to partner with other teams in your company that may be UX designers, data analysts, project managers, and product designers.
- Lastly, testing refers to a huge part of the development process. That is to say, you have to troubleshoot your own work, check for bugs, and run tests on multiple browsers and devices before the site or app goes live.
Skills base of a Web developer
There are some skills that will help you to excel in the field of web development. So let’s understand about them:
- The very first thing is to keep attention on every detail. That is to say, programmers have to re-read their code multiple times to check for errors and look for efficiencies. And, this requires patience, laser-focus, and an ability to look at your own work.
- Secondly, to have logical thinking, that is to think through problems logically, for picking up useful languages much more quickly.
- Then, creativity. Web Developers are responsible for finding the most elegant solution for the end-user. And, when you work on more complex projects, then it takes a creative mind to imagine how they’ll each perform.
- Lastly, good communication. Sometimes there is a need to communicate with stakeholders or team members throughout your projects.So, promoting open lines of communication will lead to a better finished product.
Starting a career in Web Development will not only help you to explore new opportunities because of its growth. But, it will also enhance your skills and knowledge to get you advanced in the same. As we learned above that there are many courses available for web development that you can start preparing for. For bettering in this, you can take help from various online tutorials available for web development. So, try to get familiar with languages and get yourself fully involved in creating a good career in web development.