The world economy is a competitive space and to survive and thrive in such an environment, the first and foremost requirement is maintaining quality in an organization. TQM or Total Quality Management is the strategy developed by business experts that focuses on building quality and keeping it consistent in a business environment. So, if you are inquisitive about the scope of TQM as a career option, this blog is for you. Here will cover the scope of this field after earning the credential of a Certified TQM Professional.
Here, we will discuss the various aspects of TQM as a career, and also talk about the certification that you can take to validate your skills. Our main focus will be on the job scope for TQM professionals.
A Brief Overview of TQM
Total Quality Management, also known as Total Quality Control (TQC), is a process for the improvement of all activities within a business. Like most management methods, it aims for perfection – theoretically striving to bring the quality up and costs down across the whole organization. Total Quality Management can be applied to any organization or industry in which a producer or supplier interacts with potential or existing customers.
To deploy the TQM methodology, there are a few principles that the organization has to keep in mind. You can consider these principles as the main objectives of Total Quality Management.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Employee Commitment: This creates empowerment through training and suggestion mechanisms.
- Fact-Based Decision Making: Teams collect data and process statistics to ensure that work meets specifications.
- Effective Communications: There should be an open dialogue throughout an organization.
- Strategic Thinking: Quality must be part of an organization’s long-term vision.
- Integrated System: A shared vision, including knowledge of and commitment to principles of quality, keep everyone in a company connected. Taiichi Ohno recognized that even suppliers are an important part of the system.
- Process-Centered: You can deconstruct every activity into processes, and, therefore, locate and repeat the best process.
- Continuous Improvement: Every employee should always be thinking about how to better perform their job.
What benefits does the TQM bring to an Organisation?
Total Quality Management is just that, all-encompassing quality, and a science that many companies have learned and “Total” is the key. It describes how all facets of an organization must pull together to ensure that the product or service is of impeccable quality from conception to implementation in the final product or service.
Here are a few key benefits of the TQM deployment –
- Firstly, Loyalty and Satisfaction on the customer’s end
- Secondly, The rise in revenues and productivity
- Thirdly, Helping in bringing down the waste and inventory
- Fourthly, Improve design
- Then, Increased adaptability to evolving market trends and regulatory environments
- Further, Increase productivity
- Also, Improved market image
- Then, Reduced defects and waste
- Furthermore, Job Security
- A rise in employee morale
- Reduce costs
- Lastly, Increase profitability
Knowledge Required to be a Certified TQM Professional
Total Quality Management Certification can be taken up by any aspirant looking for a career option in the Management domain. Both accomplished or new applicants can take up the course, as this course can add a new skill to their resumes. Anyone, who has an interest in working on the quality of an organization can go for TQM as a career option.
Professionals from the following fields may find this domain familiar to their area of expertise –
- Financial/business analyst
- Commodity manager
- Project manager
- Quality manager
- Business development manager
- Manufacturing process engineer
- Continuous improvement director
- Business managers or consultants
- Project manager/Program Manager
TQM Market Demand and Job Opportunities
Currently, the job market for Total Quality Management (TQM) professionals is on a high. The growing demand for more efficient and quality service in all fields of businesses and industries is calling for an absolute need for employees who have the knowledge and are well trained in TQM techniques.
With the improvement of the economy, enterprises have gradually organized the quality control management system to solve the various problems that existed during its development. As a result, demand for TQM professionals began to rise. Due to the growth of the domestic economy and rapid economic development, there will be continuous improvement in the job market and salary for all professional fields.
The demand for TQM professionals is high. Approximately 50 percent of companies implementing total quality management require full-time quality assurance personnel. Total quality management is a key ingredient to overall business success.
As we discussed, the demand for TQM professionals is high. Hence, it is obvious to expect a decent salary while working in this domain. The numbers are pretty decent in the US Job Market. The average salary of a TQM manager is around $125,000. However, it can go up to $140,00. With all that said, the salaries often variate based on several other factors like experience, education, certifications, additional skills, and the effort put in by an individual.
Ways to learn TQM
Now that we have discussed the scope of TQM, you must be thinking about how can start a career in this field. To guide you further on this, we have compiled the ways that can help you in learning and acquiring the credentials. This will help secure a job as a TQM Professional. So, let’s have a look at the resources that you can use to start your career.
Get Yourself Certified with India’s Largest Certification Body – Vskills
A certification plays an important role in opening up opportunities. It is a validation of the skills and abilities of the candidate. And when a certification comes from a globally recognized body, it wins the trust of employers instantly. All these factors put together, establish the certifications as the fundamental step to start a career.
The Certified TQM Professional course is an internationally recognized standard for attendees who want to acquire the best skills and knowledge in Total Quality Management (TQM). The Certified TQM Professional designation exam is produced by experts around the world that are at the forefront of the TQM business.
Certification as a TQM Professional can open doors of opportunity that lead to greater job security, rewards, and recognition – all the things you want in your career. This comprehensive TQM program is designed to expand your professional horizons and increase your value in the marketplace by providing a unique range of management and leadership skills.
Course Outline of the Certified TQM Professional course
It is important to know the topics that will be covered in a certification course beforehand. This will give you an idea about what are the skills and knowledge that you will be learning via the Certified TQM Professional course. Also, this will help you prepare better for the exam that you will have to pass to get certified.
- Firstly, TQM and Quality Basics
- Secondly, Models and Frameworks for TQM
- Thirdly, Planning – Policy, Strategy, and Goal Deployment
- Then, Design for Quality
- Also, Performance Measurement Frameworks
- Further, Strategic Quality Management
- Then, Self-Assessment, Audits, and Reviews
- Furthermore, Statistical Process Control
- Also, Process Management & Human Resource Management
- Lastly, Implementing TQM
Benefits of the Certified TQM Professional certification
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- Firstly, the certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- Secondly, the Certification is valid for life.
- Thirdly, Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Then, Access to free Practice Tests.
- Lastly, Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com.
Online Tutorial for Certified TQM Professional course
To get proper guidance on choosing the right way of preparing for the certification exam, it is important to rely on trustworthy sources. To help you with this, Vskills provides free tutorials where you get detailed information on various certifications. You can check this tutorial on Certified TQM Professional. You will get comprehensive coverage of the certification, and it will be a quite helpful tool in preparing for the exam.
Gain Practical Experience
The certification course allows you ample challenges to cover the theoretical aspects of the TQM. However, when you are aiming to work as a professional, it is essential to gain practical knowledge. Practical experience is an inevitable aspect of any vocation. The more experience you have, the better are your chances to secure a job with a greater payout. Also, while you learn things practically, you are up close with several facets of the job, which you might never get to know by just going through the books and theory.
If you are a fresher, we advise you to look for internships. Internships are the best way for college students and fresh candidates to get exposure to the real world. Working as an intern will allow you to implement your knowledge, as well as learning to improvise while performing real tasks. And if it is a paid internship, then it is the perfect way to learn and earn with the same venture.
Practice tests are an extraordinary method to check your readiness level for the actual test. By taking practice tests, you can perceive how to set you up are for the exam, and if there is any area that you need to concentrate more on or hit harder. These training tests are likewise significant as they contain questions that are compiled to match the exact standards of the actual exam, allow you to get comfortable with the question pattern. This will make you confident about solving the questions. Also, you can learn to manage your time better while giving the exam. Test yourself today with a free practice test!