Relationship between Recruiter and Job Seeker
The relationship of a recruiter and a job-seeker is very critical. Often it is observed that a job-seeker engage actively with the recruiter when searching for a job. It seems more of a give and take relation where you are looking for a job and the recruiter needs a candidate to fill that job – This seems a very invaluable relation. Following are some principle rules for maintaining a good working-relationship with recruiters,
- “First impression is the last impression” – You must meet your recruiter as a prospective employer. Do not hesitate and try to jell up with the atmosphere.
- Introduce yourself in a firm and friendly manner so that recruiter also feels comfortable with you and sees you as a prospective employee and co-worker.
- Stay in touch with the recruiter even though you are not hired so as to find the right opportunity
- Don’t be hesitant in giving feedback and sharing your views with the recruiter
- Even if you do not get the job, be positive and try to maintain a healthy relation with the recruiter
- Be clear about your work experience, career goals and salary expectation as it increases the chances of successful placement.