Do you wish to obtain the power of measuring the performance in your hands? If yes, then you have surely landed in the right place. But learning JMeter requires you to get hold of the right learning resources including certifications, training, forum and more that will surely lead you to your desired career path. There is no denying the fact that learning JMeter open opportunities for professional in the testing domain. So if you are planning to learn JMeter then pull your socks up and get started.
In this article, we will provide details about the various learning resources and certification bodies providing JMeter certification and the time it takes to actually learn and become proficient. We have also shared some tips and tricks to qualify as a load tester, followed by job opportunities and roles and responsibilities of a JMeter Tester.
JMeter: An Overview
JMeter is a testing tool that measures and analyzes the performance of different software services and products. Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is the ground for JMeter to check the quality, including debugging. Moreover, it tests the software that works for a web-based environment. Further, JMeter behaves as a unit testing tool for JDBC database connections, LDAP, JMS, HTTP, web services, FTP including OS native processes and generic TCP connections. Below, there are some uses of JMeter.
- Firstly, it is for building ad hoc monitoring for some functional testing with simulating heavy load on a server by creating virtual coexisting users to the web servers.
- Secondly, it executes the performance testing, load testing and functional testing of web applications.
- Lastly, it is used for testing the performance of web services like static and dynamic.
Steps to perform JMeter Testing
There are various steps performed by JMeter tester during the testing process. This includes –
- Firstly, it creates a request and sends it to the server.
- After that, it receives a response from the server and collects them. Then, it visualizes those details in the form of a chart or graph.
- Then, it processes the response from the server.
- Lastly, it generates the test result in several formats like text, XML, JSON so that the tester can analyze data.
Why opt for JMeter Certification?
For a matter of fact, performance is an important factor for any IT organization. It is essential to improve & monitor the performance of an application on a regular basis. Well, these factors can possibly be achieved by JMeter certification. Therefore, let’s take a look at the benefits of JMeter certification.
- In the Jmeter Certification Course, you learn all the skills necessary to become a successful performance tester. The demand for Jmeter Professionals is in great demand and companies specializing in websites and web-based application testing are constantly looking to hire these knowledgeable professionals.
- After completion of this course, you will be able to design effective performance tests with Jmeter. Performance testing is one of the rewarding jobs in today’s world.
JMeter Certification: Overview
Being in demand JMeter certifications have become an essential performance testing tool used in many top organizations. Moreover, when we talk about popularity, JMeter has surely raised the bar in the marketplace.
JMeter Certification tests the candidate’s ability to perform as per the company’s requirement. The certificate is a perfect match for all those who want to become a Certified JMeter Tester. Let’s give a quick look at the knowledge requirement for JMeter certification.
Skills and Knowledge Required
Firstly, JMeter testing demands the knowledge of ten basic components which are usually referred to as elements. Each element holds a specific purpose. The components incorporate the following:
- Test Plan
- Thread Group
- Work Bench
- Config Element
- Logic Controllers
Secondly, the naive developers must be trained on environment setup and should have the required knowledge of plugins according to their test project goal.
You will be glad to know that JMeter course is available for both beginner and Professional Software Engineers that comes under the following category –
- Firstly, Software developers
- Secondly, Test Engineers
- Thirdly, Quality Assurance Specialists
- Moreover, aspirants who have a basic knowledge of software testing
- In addition, software engineers, developers, software auditors, IT managers, QA and QC developers
- Lastly, engineers who want to understand JMeter, its IDE and API applications
How long does it take to become a Certified JMeter Professional?
There are many questions while applying for any certification. How long does it take to become a JMeter Tester? What are the hurdles I have to go through? What are the tips and tricks to learn? and so on. You might have all of these questions fluttering in your head when you decide to take up your JMeter certification. And honestly, these all are natural questions that one can have in your head. So, don’t panic, we have got your back.
Like any other skill, how quickly you learn JMeter is ultimately dependent on how much time and effort you put in. Since, everyone learns at their own pace, if you devote 5 hours a week, then you can get the grip of the basic elements required to learn in order to perform testing.
However, it is important to note that the actual time period to learn JMeter varies depending on the certification body. Most importantly, you need to remember that nothing is easy and nothing is difficult to learn. It all depends on your dedication and commitment towards it that makes the difference.
Now that you have understood everything about JMeter, it’s time you acquire some tips and tricks to prepare and become a JMeter Professional as quickly as possible.
Learning Resources for JMeter
If you want to learn JMeter sooner rather than later, then creating time-management habits will be beneficial for you. Therefore, here are a few learning resources that will surely work in your favor. Start Learning Now!
1. Join A Community of JMeter Programmers
First things first, join a community center of JMeter programmers. Doing so keeps you updated as well as helps you stay on track. The benefit of community centers results in the best positive outcome. Moreover, it allows you to ask a question related to the topic you’re having difficulty with. Remember, if you manage to carve your time out a few minutes each day for connecting, you will complete your learning with latest and updated skill.
2. Read JMeter Books
After that, you must refer to JMeter learning guides and books. Also, there are many guides written for general and specific applications of JMeter, which you can read to dwell deeper. In general, books are perfect for students who want to learn the real-world context for the skills. Therefore, let’s take a look at some of the JMeter books you can use as a reference –
- Apache JMeter A Complete Guide
- Performance Testing With Jmeter
- Master Apache JMeter – From Load Testing to DevOps
- Performance Testing with JMeter 3
3. Grab some good JMeter Tutorials
In addition, you can invest your time in free online tutorialss. For your knowledge, the internet is filled with online resources providing tutorials to facilitate your process of preparation. You just have to find the right preparatory guide to facilitate your learning.
4.Practice! Practice! Practice!
Last but surely not least, once you are done with your preparation, you need to perform some practice tests in order to evaluate yourself. The only way to crack the exam is to practice until you get it right. Needless to say! You will come across plenty of online resources while searching for a practice test. The point here is whichever source you use, your preparation should be thorough to get the right skill sets for the job. So, START PRACTICING NOW!
Top JMeter Certification 2020
Certifications have found its way in almost every industry. The reason being, certifications are helpful to advance the career. Not to mention it allows candidates to evaluate their skills and knowledge. Moreover, these work as a recognition of their competency and shows your commitment towards your profession.
There are various certification bodies that offer certification in JMeter. Therefore, you may find various training institutes that offer the same. However, don’t get lured by them. Now, understand and keep this in mind that there are only a few who are widely accepted. So, make sure you make your choice wisely. In order to make things easier for you, we are providing you with the list of certification bodies that we highly recommend. Let’s get started then –
Vskills – India’s largest certification body
Vskills is India’s largest Assessment Body which works on the principle to improve the scope for professional certification and academic testing mechanism. Moreover, Vskills Certified JMeter Tester adds a set of following to your profile –
- Relevance and Applicability
- Build confidence and Self-accomplishment
- Improves your marketability
- Boosts your salary
- Academic Recognition
Edureka is an interactive online course and training platform. It provides trending technologies for career growth.
Udemy is a global marketplace that provides learning and teaching online. It helps to improve the quality of life through learning.
The American Software Testing Qualifications Board is a training provider in delivering high-quality courses. It creates quizzes to help candidates prepare for the exams.
It is an online learning platform with strict policies. It offers high quality convenient professional education.
Roles and Responsibilities as a JMeter Professional
Once you clear your certification, you will be entitled to the following roles and responsibilities.
- Firstly, Jmeter Automation Test Analyst
- Secondly, JMeter Load Tester
- Additionally, JMeter QA Engineer
- JMeter Testing Tool Expert
- Automated Web Applications Tester
- JMeter IDE Consultant
- Further, JMeter Expert
- JMeter QA Developer
- Lastly, JMeter Testing Tool Auditor
- Firstly, a JMeter Tester develops and executes performance test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Secondly, s/he is involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts including test case automation and analysis of performance test results.
- Moreover, the tester also collects and analyzes the data for software process evaluation and improvements with integrating them into business processes.
- Subsequently, it delivers quality process training to technical staff and then acts as an internal quality consultant to advise business or technical partners.
- Lastly, the tester performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards.
There is no harm in getting a closer view of companies that might hire you. Therefore, here is an extensive list of top companies and startups hiring JMeter Testers in India.
Average Salary of a JMeter Tester
Once you are exposed to the top recruiters that might hire you, the next curiosity in your head would be the pay scale of a JMeter Tester. In general, the average salary of a JMeter Tester is 485k per year and the salaries range from 310K – 998K depending upon the knowledge and expertise you bring to the table.
In conclusion, if you want to build your space in the testing world, then JMeter is a great opportunity to indulge in it. Passing the JMeter certification will give your career the required boost as well as make your resume stand out. All you need is proper preparation and a positive mindset.
The blog includes every pertinent detail you must know as a JMeter aspirant, thus make sure you go through the article rigorously. Moreover, you need to arm yourself with the most reliable and authentic resources.
Enrich your profile with advanced learning skills and expert tutorials on JMeter. Prepare and become a Certified JMeter Tester Now!
All the best for your JMeter Certification!