Do you have an interest in automation testing but is skeptical about the right certification to go with? If so, then, you are at the right spot. Here, you will get every detail about the automation testing and the certifications that are linked with it.
Whenever we are talking about automation testing, Selenium certifications always come in the spotlight. So, let’s first learn the basics of Selenium.
What is Selenium?
We are in a world where Automation testing is taking the technology to another level. Its demand is increasing very rapidly. Therefore, many organizations are constantly reinventing their technology to go with the trend. And, the most powerful tool for an open-source automation tool is Selenium. Selenium is one of the stable automation testing tools for web applications that is, well known for its effective delivery. It helps in the creation of highly effective test scripts with the facility of regression testing, faster bug reproduction, and exploratory testing.
Components of Selenium
Selenium is a suite of tools that can automate all websites and does not even rely on the technology in which the application is designed. And, the performance and execution speed of Selenium Automation tools is much better than any other tools in the market. However, there are four components in selenium that are,
Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Selenium IDE is a simple record kind of tool that comes as an add-on for Mozilla Firefox only. Moreover, it uses prototype testing and the test cases written in IDE, further which exports in many programming languages like Ruby, Java, C#, etc. Above all, Selenium IDE is an excellent tool for beginners to understand the syntax of Selenium WebDriver.
Selenium Remote Control (RC)
Note: Now Selenium RC will not be acceptable anywhere.
Selenium WebDriver is the most important tool for the Selenium suite. And, the Selenium WebDriver development was due to the limitations with RC. However, there is no requirement for any manual process like the Selenium Server. As there is direct communication between code and browser.
Selenium Grid is the last component of the selenium suite and is used for parallel testing or distributive testing. Moreover, it gives access to execute test scripts on different machines at the same time.
Now, let’s talk about the popularity base of Selenium.
What makes Selenium popular?
Selenium is one of the genuine automation testing tools for web applications. Moreover, it helps in the creation of highly effective test scripts including the facilities like regression testing, faster bug reproduction, and exploratory testing. Most importantly, it refers as the powerful open source automation tool. There are hundreds of advantages of Selenium, and some of the top ones are,
- Firstly, Selenium includes test scripts that often written in programming languages like Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, Perl, and .Net.
- Moreover, the Selenium tests can be used on many operating systems that include Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Also, it is accessible to many browsers for carrying out tests that include Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, or Opera.
- Selenium is also integrated with tools like TestNG and JUnit for managing test cases and generating reports.
Next, we will talk about the automation certifications.
Is Selenium Certification Best for Automation Testing?
There are many sources that provide automation testing certification out there, but we have to choose the right to elevate our careers. So, being in demand Selenium certifications have become an essential automation testing tool that is used in many parts of the business. Moreover, Selenium has shown tremendous growth in businesses as well in organizations. And, if we are talking about the certifications, the most popular and first certification name for automation testing that comes up in mind is the Selenium Professional.
So, let’s know more about Selenium Professional Certification.
Certified Selenium Professional: In-Depth
The Selenium Professional certification exam examines the candidate’s knowledge and skills for web application and website testing in a company. Moreover, the certification also tests your basic knowledge of various areas in Selenium that includes recording, editing, and debugging tests. However, this is the best fit for those who are working and would like to take certification for further career progression. Further, we will learn about the skills and basic knowledge required for this certification exam.
Related Skills and Knowledge for Selenium Professional
For every exam, there are some basic and even advanced skills requirements. This is done to provide you knowledge about what you need to know about the exam. Therefore, you will be able to understand things more accurately. Below you can see the points containing the basic required information.
- Moreover, you should have an understanding of test architecture, test design, and performance testing.
- You should know about the configuration management and troubleshooting process.
- Then, it also requires knowledge of manual testing agility and interaction.
- Lastly, it includes the skills of the software that includes Agile, DevOps, etc.
These skills will help you a lot during the exam preparation. And, will help you get expert-level knowledge in the related field. However, the main question that arises here is, how to enhance and work on your skills.
So, for this, there are many training and certification providers that you use to get the best study resources. The main reason for going with this is that they provide you with a bulk of practice questions with unique study resources and will give you expert-level assistance for your doubts. Some of the top certification providers include,
- Vskills – India’s Largest Certification Body
Now, Let’s talk about the “after passing the certification” part that means the roles and responsibility.
Responsibility of a Certified Selenium Professional
The selenium a professional has to perform various responsibilities in the industry. And, being in high demand, the selenium professional’s job roles are quite intense and require proper training and experience. Some of the responsibilities of the Selenium professionals are,
- Firstly, the selenium professional creates, organizes, and manages the Test Automation Resources.
- And, it analyzes the business requirement to determine the test strategy by using automation testing
- Moreover, they also perform various operations like creating, enhancing, debugging and Running Test Cases.
- Selenium professionals have to monitor the defect management process and keep tabs on conducting Regression Testing.
So, now we will understand Selenium from the career point of view.
Selenium Certifications: Value in the Market
The first important thing that most of the individuals do is to check the career opportunities and the various areas they can apply for after passing the exam. So, for this below the different areas and opportunities are mentioned for the Selenium certifications.
Career Opportunities for Automation Tester
Selenium has shown rapid growth and is used in most of the businesses. And, talking about automation, Selenium automation testing services are highly recommended in the industry. However, as a tester, you will get access to many popular job roles that include,
- Firstly, Automation Test Lead
- Then, Senior Test Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Selenium Automation Analyst
- Lastly, QA Engineer
Companies hiring for Automation Testing
Selenium automation test tools and the testing techniques are widely used in many organizations globally. And, with this, it has created a good place in the industry. As a result, many top companies are showing their interest in this by hiring candidates in bulk. Some of the top companies include,
Average Salary in Automation Testing
This is the most important part that most of the candidates search for. As everybody wants to have a good package. Thus, this totally depends on the skills and experience you have. And, talking about the Selenium Professionals, there has been a big increase in the jobs and even many new opportunities are coming for this.
Salary base for Selenium Professionals in India
- The average salary of Selenium Engineers varies from Rs. 3,50,000 to Rs.5,00,000 P.A in India.
- Moreover, the individuals who are Senior automation engineers are earning up to a salary of 7,00,000 P.A. And, in the US, the salary ranges from $40,000 to $75,000. P.A.
- A Senior Test Automation Engineer’s average salary can be around Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum. Also, remember with more experience you will get more hike in salary. Therefore, we can say that Selenium has only shown good growth and more candidates are applying for it.
Selenium certification has shown a big rise in the automation testing industry. Moreover, many individuals, as well as top companies, consider Selenium as their first choice. Further, this certification will help you excel in your career by enhancing your skills and abilities. Most importantly, passing this certification requires a lot of hard work and dedication. So, you need to set your mind with an aimed mindset. However, there are various training provider’s out there that you can take help from. Using good study material and practice questions can help you pass the examination. Lastly, you have to remember that your career is in your hands, so you need to prepare well for this exam and crack it.
Learn and enhance your automation testing skills. Become a Certified Selenium Professional Now!