Python is a high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. It can be used for various types of programming for the purpose of Web Development & Software Development by a Python Developer. Although Python Developers is one of the most sought-after ones in the IT world now, there still is a lot of competition for the choicest positions. Knowing how to be able to code in the Python language isn’t enough to certify one as a Good Python Developer. Especially when it comes to working in the fields like Research & Business, where the stakes are high.
Now, who uses Python? Data Scientists, Researchers, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Developers, Web Developers, Software Developers, Software Testers, and even people who wish to automate parts of their work. There are various ways one can use to build their marketability as a Good Python Developer. We are now going to explore what makes a Great Python Developer ahead!
Becoming a Python Developer
Before moving ahead, let us first try to understand who actually is a Python Developer. Well, there’s no particular definition, but there are certain areas that require the skills and knowledge that a Python Developer has. A Python developer can be a Web Developer, Software Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Automation tester, etc. And hence a Python developer can be any one of the above-mentioned job profiles.
There are a certain set of skills that all the IT specialists & developers possess.
- Firstly, have an approach slanting towards solving problems.
- Secondly, having good analytical skills. Having a comprehensive understanding of algorithms builds the ability to frame augmented algorithms.
- Thirdly, to have good designing skills; to be able to design scalable products
- Fourthly, strong communication skills intended towards making yourself understood as well as for understanding others.
- And lastly, being a professional; that means being transparent and delivering quality within the deadline.
All these skills are enormously essential in the case of software development. Python Developers work with multiple projects of various specializations like Data Scientists, Business Analysts, DevOps Specialists, etc. and projects like these actually test the professionalism as well as the ability to communicate the idea effectively and find a middle ground. And so is able to manage the time right. Great developers know how to keep the project going by delivering quality within time.
But, all of this is just the start. What more does it require to make a great Python Developer?
Technical Skills required by a Python Developer
Not all the skills are necessary by someone to be a great Python Developer. The need for specific skills by the developer depends upon the project and the kind of work that the developer does. For example, the skills required by the developer in an Artificial Intelligence project are different from the requirement of skills in the case of an Enterprise Resource Planning project. Each kind of project requires a different mix of skills by a developer.
Core Python Concepts
Expertise in the core concepts of python forms the stepping stone in the process of becoming a Python Developer. One must have a good hold on the following core concepts of Python:
- Firstly, Data Structures
- Secondly, OOPs concepts
- Thirdly, Variables and data types
- Fourthly, File handling concepts
- Then, Exception Handling
- Also, Generators
- Lastly, Iterators
To know more about the core concepts of Python, refer to the Python Tutorial.
Django is a high-level Python Web Framework and Flask is a micro-level Web Framework. Refining on either of the two or both makes a Great Python Web Developer! Comprehensive knowledge about the Front-end technologies like HTML, Java & CSS is also anticipated.
Object Relational Mappers
In computer science, ORM is a programming technique that uses object-oriented programming languages to convert data between incompatible type systems. An ORM is a code library that mechanizes the transfer of data stored in relational database tables into objects that are more commonly used in application code. Great to add to your skillset!
Starting from your high-school mathematics & statistics followed by the following skills
- Firstly, Visualization of Data
- Secondly, Analysis of Data
- Thirdly, Data Wrangling and cleaning up of Data
- Fourthly, Use of Python packages like(NumPy, MatPlotlib, Scikit learn, etc) for Data Science
- Also, Good Knowledge of SQL
These concepts adds greatly to to your skillset as a developer and takes you a step closer to become a Data Scientist.
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
To become a Data Scientist, it requires learning advanced concepts like AI & machine learning. This is a huge addition to your skills as Python Developer. To become a good Python Developer, having a comprehensive understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and deep learning of AI is a great idea.
A Python Developer must know about Model View Controller & Model View Template Architectures. One should know how the coding works in Deployment & Release. You can resolve any difficulties related to the core framework, etc. once you have a complete understanding of the Multi-Process Architecture.
The above discussed were a few of the skills that will help you to ace at becoming a great programmer. The key to becoming a great Python Developer is to practice; implement what you learn. The distribution of your total efforts is suggested to be 20-80; 20% theory learning and 80% practical learning.
Why should you choose a career in python?
In general, all developers prefer python over other languages since it gives the ease to quickly learn this programming and scripting language and the flexibility to use python in real-time projects. Moreover, Python is one such programming language that significantly cuts down on the total development time.
Also, Python is considered to be one of the most popular programming frameworks for data science across the world when it comes to adaptability. However, the job market is still experiencing a significant gap between the demand for skilled python professionals and the availability of python experts.
Python Job Trends and Average Salary in India
In general, the average salary of a developer with Python skills is around 5,80,000 rupees per annum. But with the right experience and skills set this suggested figure can go way beyond Rs 10, 00,000 per annum with factors including location, relevant certifications, and employer. So, if you have the right skills set then the opportunity is endless. You can get the opportunity to work in top tier companies including Amazon, Accenture, Cognizant, TCS, IBM and many more. It is suggested there is no limit to grow if you keep yourself updated and continue to grow with experience.
Python Career Opportunities
Some of the career opportunities available for a python developer include –
- Python developer: It is one of the most direct opportunities available after acquiring this skill. To begin your career in this sector this is the first step. Some of the key responsibilities include building websites, resolving problems related to data analytics, optimize data algorithms, and implementing data protection and security.
- Data Analyst: It is considered to be one of the most interesting opportunities for those who like handling huge data and interpreting that data. Many companies are looking for professional who excels working with huge data sets and make inferences. Professionals skilled in Python programming language is preferred because Pandas, SciPy, and other Python libraries are useful managing these task. No wonder more and more companies are looking for data analysts with experience in python to fill open positions.
- Machine Learning Engineer: As per stats the requirement for Machine learning professionals have increased by more than 300% in the past few years. Moreover, professional skilled in python, are given preference over other candidates. In general, as a machine learning engineer, you will be required to builds and trains machines, programs, and other computer-based systems to apply their learned knowledge for making predictions. This is the reason, python professionals with the ability to work with data automation and algorithms makes it ideal in the machine learning area.
Guide to become a Great Python Developer
Curiosity drives and makes a Great Developer. They identify the requirement, develop it & execute their idea to derive a solution.
The two most important points that makes a Great Python Developer are:
- Involve in open-source projects
- Involve in side-projects in spare time
Your skills are your strength that places you at a better position, working on a better project with potentially right income.
Besides learning new libraries, you can take up additional certification courses that will help you be active in the programming of the project you wish to master in.
Following are some of the certifications that Vskills offer wherein you can learn so much more on how to become a Great Python Developer:
- Firstly, Certified Python Developer
- Secondly, Certified Machine Learning (Python) Professional
- Thirdly, Certified Data Science with Python Professional
- Fourthly, Certificate in Deep Learning with Python
- Then, Certificate in Natural Language Processing using Python
- Lastly, Certified Selenium Automation Tester using Python
How much does a great Python developer earn?
Now you might wanna know how much could you earning if you’re on the path of being a Python Developer.
Well, it depends on a lot of variables like the risk-taking ability of projects, level of experience, possession of side-skills, any kind of specialization in particular, etc. But commonly on average, a Python Developer can earn between ₹28,97,682 & ₹65,19,785 per annum.
Python Developer’s Future
Python is referred as the researcher’s much preferred language. And so has been the reason for it to be popular in circles.
When the high-level programming language Python was built, its creator laid four major areas for the same. Mentioned below follows the same:
- Firstly, convenient and natural, but a powerful language.
- Secondly, along with being convenient and natural, the coding is quite easy to understand.
- Thirdly, an open-source language so that any kind of additions can be easily made to it.
- And lastly, being valuable and helpful for accomplishing projects and allow the automation of work.
That was about the time when the language was created, but today Python is all of it plus so much more!
Well, Python will continue to expand and create immense value for all its users!
On wrapping up on what makes a Python Developer, we can conclude on the following:
- Master communications skills
- Being a solution-oriented professional
- Must have general software development skills
- Must have Python-specific skills
- Know about the right Python libraries
The type of skill-set depending on the specialization and types of project they take up makes a Great Python Developer.
We hope you ended up getting answers to what you’ve been looking for and also learn something new here!