With all experience I have …..I have seen many freshers, middle level executives and even senior ones who don’t have soft skills.Students who pass with excellent grades can’t even say a word correctly. Soft skills is not only knowledge of good and grammatically correct English ….it’s beyond that……
Soft skills is a term often associated with a person’s “EQ” (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces, communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, and optimism that characterize relationships with other people.
These traits are a must for all the students who will be graduating . One really has to get into a professional mode to attain soft skills.It is really important that one should know how to handle colleagues at your level , senior level and even junior level. MNC culture is growing exponentially in India. And the first skill that is tested when any fresher goes up for an interview is soft skills. So here I provide you to have the power and attain “soft skills”
- PUBLIC SPEAKING AND ASSERTIVENESS: One must really have confidence and while entering in professional scenario must know that whatever position he is one day he has to answer people….like a board meeting with top official of the company .So the first thing is to be assertive , build up confidence and motivate yourself by saying that you are just talking to people there is no big deal in iT !!!
- PERFECTION:To attain perfection one must brush up his or her grammatical knowledge build up vocabulary that suits your field.
- RESPECT:One must learn to respect professionals at all levels here i mean the juniors too. because after all you are junior to somebody too and a boss can only be good and successful if he treats all the staff with equal respect.
- EQ: The presence of emotional quotient is very important .One must forget all personal problems and try not to mix both worlds.
- TONE: A polite and soft tone is always best.
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS: A good leader always listen , has patience , identifies the good and bad of people under him and motivates his team throughout.
- BODY LANGUAGE AND DRESSING:One must maintain a lean body posture and dress as per the occasion.
So I hope you really learnt something out of it and will certainly work on it.
ALL THE BEST TO ALL!!!!!!
Click here for government certification in Life Skills
You well explained about the importance of soft skills..
I completely agree with this! Each point well explained!! Good one!!
It was very helpful.. Thanks!
While your technical skills may get your foot in the door, your people skills are what open most of the doors to come.