The cloud computing industry has continuously been bullish since the last decade and so is its uses. In fact, it has been booming from the past decade. The demand for cloud computing skills is on the rise as more and more companies are adopting cloud services. According to Forbes, the worldwide spend on cloud computing services will grow at a 19.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from nearly $70B in 2015 to more than $141B in 2022. So, the statistics have also proven how much valuable the knowledge of cloud computing can be for your career.
There can be many ways through which you can gain in depth knowledge of concepts related to cloud computing. But, before you decide to step into this field it is essential know about the job prospects, roles and responsibilities and other important aspects of the industry in order to fit in the best possible way. Let us get started on to the journey to know about cloud computing in this blog. We will also provide you insights to the best places where you can learn about the cloud computing. Let us get underway!
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing, in simple terms, is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. You need not to carry out buying, owning, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, you can access technology services, such as computing power, storage, and databases, on an as-needed basis from a cloud provider.
These are majorly of three types – Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). Thus, a career in this field is quite promising in the forthcoming decades. Earning any of the credential in this field is adding a feather to your cap and shining in front of others by bragging about your knowledge of the hottest topic.
This field is intended for Software Architects, IT Engineers, Software Developers, Cloud Engineers, DevOps Professionals, Product Managers, IT and System Administrators and It Managers. However, there are no such prerequisites. So, any onw who wants to kickstart his or her career in cloud computing can also start learning at any time.
Why should one go for cloud computing?
The major reason to chose cloud computing as career option are –
- Cloud Computing has changed the digital Infrastructure with its unique paradigms. It has brought new opportunities & challenges for developers & administrators.
- Moreover, With the current challenging environment, every industry demands cost effective & reliable solutions. Cloud computing has the answer. It allows you to utilize shared resources through a service provider. Hence, increasing your chances to fetch a good fortune.
Roles and responsibilities of a cloud computing engineer
The roles and responsibilities of a typical cloud computing engineer includes the following –
- Firstly, Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on the Cloud
- In addition, Selecting appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Furthermore, Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms
- Also, Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms
- Last but not least, Implementing cost-control strategies
Let us now look at what are the top most skills that are required to be good in cloud computing.
Skills required to be good in cloud computing
Although there is no limit to be put to gaining knowledge. Some of the skills that could help you to bloom in this industry are –
- firstly, Coding skills and database management skills – The storage, management, and accessibility of data in the cloud continue to be a priority. To ensure this ecosystem is working well, database language skills, including SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, and Hadoop, are critical.
- also, Staying updated in terms of technology and other advancements
- in addition, cloud security skills – The concern of the cloud being risky has mostly dissipated. The cloud is more secure than physical servers. This is due to advanced protocols, proactive monitoring, and security layers. So, cloud security knowledge is a must.
- furthermore, migration skills – Companies are moving more applications to the cloud. They are also using multiple cloud platforms. To do this seamlessly, experience with cloud migration is a must-have.
Let us now move on to the main question –
Where is the best place to learn about cloud computing?
There are number of places to learn about something if you are fully passionate about that. We all know, where there is will, there is a way. However, some of the platforms that you can use for learning are –
- Firstly, Amazon Web Services
- Moreover, Vskills Resources as certification in cloud computing, online tutorials and practice tests.
- In addition, Udemy
- Also, Coursera
- In addition, Edx.org
- Subsequently, LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com
- Moreover, Cloud Academy
- Last but not least, Linux Academy
Looking at the above all options, we can easily determine that the best way is getting a certification in cloud computing. This is the way through which you can have a proof that you have proper knowledge about the domain and it will also require comparatively less time than getting a PGDM or diploma. There are many sites that provide you with the certification courses in cloud computing such as VSkills, Udemy, LinkedIn, Coursera, Amazon Web Services, Linux, Microsoft, IBM, and so on. We will be learning about the VSkills’ certification in subsequent paragraphs. Let us now look at what salary and market demand could you expect after you decide to get into this field.
Before you set your foot into this industry it is very important to analyze the market demand like job opportunities and average salary for the profession. Let us have a look at them –
Market Demand and Average Salary
Cloud computing is among the hottest and trending domains in the present job market. The field has become brighter recently as more and more companies have understood the importance of integrating these solutions into their operations. Candidate will find employment in various top MNC’s like Google India, Microsoft India, HCL, TCS, Accenture, Cognizant.
The pay of a cloud computing professional in India can go up to INR 10,000,000 per annum, so you can understand just how lucrative this field is! According to PayScale, the average salary of a professional in India is INR 1,830,766.
Let us now conclude by looking at the various job role on which the candidate will be working at after gaining the knowledge of cloud computing.
Let us now have the look on the resources that are provided by Vskills for the same.
Certified Cloud Computing Professional
This course will give you basic knowledge on cloud computing concepts, technology and architecture as well as about cloud computing advantages & disadvantages. With the current challenging environment, every industry demands cost effective & reliable solutions. Cloud computing has the answer. It allows you to utilize shared resources through a service provider.
How will I benefit from this certification?
Cloud computing is one of the hottest trend in information technology today. The market for Cloud services is exploding and the demand for developers with Cloud Computing Skills is growing rapidly. After doing this certification you can learn and work with trending cloud technologies like Google Compute Engine, Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50, Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Mode: Online exam.
Benefits of Certification
- firstly, Government Certification
- additionally, Certification valid for life
- also, Lifelong e-learning access
- in addition, Free Practice Tests
- furthermore, Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com
- moreover, Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com
Table of Contents
The certification will help you learn and develop thorough understanding of the following domains –
- Evolution of cloud and types
- Cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, etc.)
- Cloud Characteristics
- Cloud economics
- Cost Matrix, SLA and ROI
- Strategy development
- Capacity Planning and base-lining
- Virtualization Technologies and hypervisors
- Open source and other virtualization offerings
- Google Apps and app engine
- Amazon Elastic compute, storage and database services
- Salesforce Force platform
- Windows Azure and windows live
- Opensource components and services
- Ubuntu cloud, cloud foundry and openstack
Service Oriented Architecture
- SOA Communications
- Managing and Monitoring SOA
- Integrating SOA and cloud computing
- Deployment models (public, private, hybrid, etc.)
- Data center and workload management
- Provisioning and Scalability
- Costing Models
- Cloud Management products and emerging standards
Governance and Security
- Threats and Security Risks
- Identity Management
- Applying policies
- Data Collection and sharing
- Legal and Regulatory Challenges
- Productivity Applications
- Mobile Web services
- Cloud Storage
Let us now look at some other resources as well which can help you prepare in a better way.
Learning with Books
Book authors are professionals, and there is a realistic experience of a professional belonging to that field. The book authors mention the pragmatic examples and concepts of the field, therefore books are more beneficial. There are case studies mentioned in the book to learn from the general example. The books also give the idea of a proper preparation for the exam. Below are the top 3 books for your reference.
- Enterprise Cloud Security and Governance: Efficiently Set Data Protection and Privacy Principles.
- Also, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services for Architects: Designing Cloud Solutions.
- Additionally, Disruptive Cloud Computing and It: Cloud Computing Simplified for Every IT Professional.
These Tutorials are prepared by the experts in the subject matter. You can refer tutorials here, these tutorials provide with quality content coupled with test series. These sessions can be really interactive and helps in developing interest along with the crystal-clear clarity in the concepts. You must definitely try others of them but of a trustworthy vendor so that you must not be misguided.
Practice is the only way out to pass the exam with a good score. This will help finding your loopholes and will help to identify your weak areas. You will find the parts that you need to work more on and the parts that are fully prepared from the exam point of view. The more you practice, the more your concepts will be clear. Always practice sample papers and take test series as much as you can. This is the most important part of preparation. Many reliable educational sites offer you sample papers and guarantee 100% success. Try a free practice test now!
Let us look at the jobs you can get after acquiring the complete knowledge of cloud computing.
Top 9 Highest Paying Cloud Computing Jobs
Cloud computing spans across a wide variety of IT related fields including, data storage and use, cloud network infrastructure, applications scaling, operation and maintenance of cloud based services. Since there are no standardized positions, you will come across new positions. Some of the common high paying job roles are-
- firstly, Cloud Consultant
- also, Cloud Reliability Engineer
- in addition, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- furthermore, Cloud Security Engineer
- also, Cloud Security Architect
- in addition, Cloud Architect
- also, DevOps Cloud Engineer
- furthermore, Data Science Engineer
- lastly, Cloud Data Scientist & Head ML Engineers
Future scope: Entering Cloud Computing industry Worth it?
Cloud computing is powerful and is expanding at a faster pace than any other sector and will continue to grow in the future and provide many benefits. Cloud computing is extremely cost-effective and companies are firm with the decision of using it for their growth. The future of cloud computing is bright and will provide benefits to both the host and the customer. One should keep in mind that the owner of the company should be familiar with the latest development taking place in Cloud technology so that the customers be provided with the best technology and other benefits of this ultimate and powerful source.
Businesses nowadays are seeking innovative ways to grow and accomplish their business goals. With the help of cloud computing, this business will keep on growing in the future. The cloud computing market is growing at 22.8 percent and will exceed $127.5 after 2018. By 2018, 62% of all CRM software will be cloud-based. Moreover, 30% of all application spending is for software as a service based applications. So if you are looking to set your foot into this field, now is the right time to get along this trend.
So, Increase your ability to handle the cloud platforms by getting started in the field of cloud computing. Hurry up and start preparing now!