The success of an organization is directly proportional to the quality of its human capital. Therefore, an organization spends a lot of resources in polishing its human capital but it also demands that the human capital which is hired meets certain basic requirements in order to prove their abilities. Therefore every organization seeks professionals that are well equipped and hold professional knowledge to perform tasks. Indeed for learning and understanding the concepts of supply chain and logistics it is very important to gather all possible learning resources to set a benchmark. Moreover, supply chain management professionals are the backbone that helps in reducing the cost. And, this is what every organization needs, to maximize profits.
Certainly, training and certifications have proved really beneficial for an individual both professionally. They have become the modern currency of the 21st century to get a real job in the sector you are most interested in. However, nothing in the world comes for free. You need to put a lot of efforts in order to gain these credentials and upgrade your career. Let us now look at what it takes to become a Certified Logistics and Supply chain Management Professional. In addition, look at some of the best resources which we can use to learn the supply chain and logistics. So before we begin let’s understand some basics of Logistics and Supply Chain Management as a profession.
About Supply Chain and Logistics
A professional working in the field of supply chain and logistics is responsible for managing the supply chain related activities in an organization such as transportation, warehousing and delivering product to the right door. Moroever, strategic management of supply chain and logistics is crucial for organizations, to drive higher efficiencies and reduce costs.
Skills required to become a successful Supply Chain Manager
Be it any field there are certain skill sets that are recommended to hone your skills and for better career opportunities. Therefore, we have charted some there are some basic skills required by professionals to bring out their best foot forward.
- Firstly, Project management
- Secondly, Technical understanding
- In addition, Cost accounting skills
- Also, the ability to understand financial statements
- Further, Understanding of e-business/e-procurement systems
- Also, understanding and handling cross-cultural/global issues
- Understanding Business ethics
- Lastly, understanding of the legal issues involved in managing contracts
Apart from these some of the technical concepts must also be looked at including graph theory, linear programming, probability and statistics and last but not the least statistical process control is very important.
Basic concepts in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The scope of supply chain and logistics is very wide. However, there are some concepts which are essential to learn before setting your foot into this domain. The basic concepts involved while learning the supply chain and logistics are-
- Firstly, Supply Chain Strategy
- Secondly, Supply Chain Strategic Management
- Further, Strategic Decision Making
- Moreover, Supply Chain Design
- In addition, Logistics Network Planning
- Subsequently, Logistics and SCM Costing
- Next, Logistics and SCM Optimization
- Then, Safety and Security
- Sustainability and Environment
- Risk Management
- Also, Monitoring and Performance Measurement
- Lastly, Future Developments
You can learn the basics concepts and their functions with the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Online Tutorial and Study Guide
Now that you have all the related details let’s understand some of the important resources to start your learn about the basic concepts of Logistics and SCM.
Resources to learn Logistics and Supply Chain Management
There are unlimited resources available for preparation which are available for the learning of basics. Out of these resources, you can choose the resources that best meets your requirement. Always remember that the resources that you will choose will make the difference. Let us look at some of the popular resources which can be beneficial in preparation –
Being working professionals it is of utmost importance to manage work-life balance and certification have surely proved as an ultimate source to learn and upgrade your skills. Certificatications developed by subject matter and industry professionals can really be helpful to boost your learning. Vskills Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional offer self-based learning programme suitable for professional to prepare at their own pace.
There are various sites that provide online tutorials for this exam. online tutorials are the best way to prepare for the exam while developing a strong understanding of the concepts. The online tutorial also provides you with good reading material like notes or recommends books that might be beneficial for you.
Learn with Practice Tests
This is a very important part of your preparation. This will help in identifying the loopholes and weak portions of your preparation along with giving the right direction to your preparation. We all know practising is the way to perfection. So, practising more and more will help you score good and help in handling the tricky portions of the exam. Try a free practice test now!
Benefits of getting this certification
This certification, can help you to be an asset in the following ways –
- Firstly, it will help you in increasing the profitability of the organization.
- Furthermore, it will help you to be updated in the terms of new technology introduced in the domain.
- Also, it will help you in polishing your skills in planning and risk management.
About the Vskills’ Certified Supply Chain and Logistics Professional
Vskills Certified Supply Chain and Logistics Professional helps to learn strategy and management skills crucial to perform in an organization, to drive higher efficiencies and reduce costs. Due to increased globalization and international market access, supply chain and logistics has also a huge impact on the bottom line of the company.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50, Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Mode: Online exam.
Benefits of Certification
- Firstly, Government certification
- also, Certification valid for life
- in addition, Lifelong e-learning access
- moreover, Free Practice Tests
- also, Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com
- above all, Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Course Outline
The certification exam covers the following topics that you will learn –
Supply Chain Strategy
- What is Strategy
- What is Supply Chain Strategy
- Business Strategy and SCM
- Organizational Strategy and SCM
- Competitive Advantage and SCM
- Strategic Dimensions
- Customer Focus and Alignment
- Forecast-Driven Enterprise
- Demand-Driven Enterprise
- Number of Supply Chains
- Strategy Audit
Supply Chain Strategic Management
- Strategic Management Processes
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Environmental Analysis
- Pestle Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
Strategic Decision Making
- What is Decision Making
- Decision Making Process
- Decision Making Strategies
- What is Strategic Decision Making
- Strategic Decision Making Models
Supply Chain Design
- firstly, Supply Chain Decision Phases
- secondly, Supply Chain Process View
- Achieving Strategic Fit
- Supply Chain Segmentation
- Aggregate Planning
- Planning Strategies
Logistics Network Planning
- What is Logistics Network Design
- Design Issue and Data
- Distribution Centres and Warehouses
- Modeling Techniques
- Logistics Network Design Process
- International Logistics
- moreover, International Transaction Channels
- International Distribution Channel
Logistics and SCM Costing
- What is Cost
- Fixed and Variable Costs
- Cost Analysis
- SCM Costing
- What are Logistics Costs
- Logistics Costs Types
- Logistics Cost Analysis and Approaches
- Activity-based costing (ABC)
- Target Costing
- Logistics Cost Analysis Formulas
Logistics and SCM Optimization
- What is optimization
- Business Process Optimization
- Modeling and Optimization
- Logistics Problems
- Logistics Optimization
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Time Compression
- Agile Supply Chain
- Lean Supply Chain
- Hybrid Supply Chain
- Demand and Supply Side Alignment
Safety and Security
- firstly, Supply Chain Safety
- secondly, Supply Chain Security
- also, Supply Chain Security Challenges and Solutions
- International Supply Chain Security Programs
- United States Supply Chain Security Programs
- European Union Supply Chain Security Programs
Sustainability and Environment
- What is Sustainability
- Environmental Efficiency and Sustainability
- Green Supply Chain Management
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Reverse Logistics
- Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies
- firstly, Risk Management Basics
- also, Risk Management Process
- Business Risk Assessment
- Business Risk Mitigation Options
- also, Business Risk Treatments
- moreover, Supply Chain Vulnerability
- Supply Chain Risk Factors
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- furthermore, SCM Internal and External Environments
- SCM Risk Assessment
- also, SCM Risk Treatment
- Supply Chain Resilence
Monitoring and Performance Measurement
- Performance Management
- SCOR Model
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Financial Measures
- also, Security
- furthermore, Ecological Sustainability
- in addition, Future Trends
Let us now look at the market demand and other aspects of the certification.
Career Opportunities after getting the certification
We know that customer service satisfaction has become a basis on which companies drive business growth and profitability. Therefore, using the best logistics system strengthens performance trade-offs to reduce shipping costs and ensure timely delivery of goods.
Earning the certification in supply chain and logistics will open the door to many opportunities for a candidate. Some of the career opportunities are Customer Service Manager, Fulfillment Supervisor, Supply Chain Analyst, Consultant, Transportation Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Shipping Coordinator, Export Executive, Expeditor, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Software Manager, also International Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Managers.
This certification targets professionals, managers and senior executives working in logistics or supply chain domain. However, any person who wishes to advance the career into this domain can definitely go for this certification.
Supply chain and logistics industry has ben growing with a stringent speed from the past decade. Therefore, the demand for the professionals in this field is also growing. In 2018, the global Supply Chain Management Solutions market size was USD 14080 Million and it is expected to reach USD 29040 Million by the end of 2025, with a CAGR of 10.9% between 2019 and 2025.
One of the first career paths graduates of a supply chain management degree program may pursue is logistician. This non-managerial role involves analyzing and overseeing the supply chain, earning a median salary of $74,590. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that jobs for logisticians will increase by seven percent, or 10,300 new jobs, over a decade.
An experienced Supply Chain Manager may earn up to 10 lakh per annum. His salary will depend on his responsibilities and duties. The average salary will rise with experience. The national average salary for a Logistics and Supply Chain is ₹5,35,678 in India, according to glassdoor.
Hence, from analyzing the market demand for the job as well as average salary, it can be seen that this job can help you earn a lot of fortune once you gain enough experience. Therefore, the certification will help you grow financially and designation wise as well.
Validate your skills and learn all about supply chain and logistics. Become Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional Now!