Candidates who want to get into the role of Supply chain manager then, getting Vskills certification in Logistics and supply chain management is the key. Supply Chain Managers are responsible for checking and managing the company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity.
Responsibilities of Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Managers perform tasks like planning and implementing the overall supply chain strategy.
- They collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams and also determine key supply chain KPIs.
- Further, they also suggest solutions for process improvements as well as identify and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- They also train and evaluate others and provide constructive feedback.
- Supply Chain Managers also work with the finance, sales, and manufacturing team for determining the best vendors and distributors.
- They keep detailed records, generate reports as well as develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Supply Chain Managers create relationships within the company and with external parties. Moreover, they read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
Career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Excellent supply chain management is essential for businesses to be successful. The challenge with globalization is that time and distance are added to supply chains resulting in increased cost, complexity and risk. This can also become an opportunity. Successfully handling the complexities and risks provides a competitive edge and sets you or your organization above the rest. Let us have a look at Career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Vskills Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional
In today’s world, Logistics & Supply Chain Management refers to the most powerful source of competitive advantage. That is to say, it enhances the traditional management by focusing on the organization and integration amongst the various partners of the supply chain for better management and thus providing greater value to the consumer. Candidates in Vskills Logistics and Supply chain management certification will develop skills in analytical tools and approaches in the operation of logistics and supply chain systems along with designing and setting up a warehousing facility. This course will also help them to learn about developing logistics networks in order to minimize costs and deliver the best customer service.
Benefits of Certification
On becoming Vskills Certified logistics and SCM professionals, the candidates will be able to explore various job options in sectors like transportation, warehousing, distribution and shipping conglomerates. Moreover, this certification will provide the foundational skills for supply chain management, logistics & global logistics industry. You should know that excellent supply chain management is essential for businesses to be successful. And, the challenge with globalization is that time and distance are added to supply chains resulting in increased cost, complexity and risk.
According to a survey, Supply Chain Management positions will grow at nearly 270,000 opportunities per year. Moreover, there is greater demand for Supply Chain professionals than supply. Candidates getting Vskills certified in Logistics and SCM will get employment in companies like DHL, TNT, Mahindra Logistics, Gati KWE Pvt Ltd, Flipkart, Snapdeal etc.
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1024
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
Course Outline for Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional
Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional covers the following topics –
Introduction to Logistics
- Concepts of Logistics
- Elements of Logistics
- P’s and R’s of Logistics
- Forms of Logistics Management
- Logistics Processes
- Logistics Intermediaries
- Logistics Issues and Challenges
- Integration with Other Business Processes
- Integrated Logistics
Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Basics
- SCM Evolution
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Demand Management
- Demand Forecasting
- The Bullwhip Effect
- SCOR Model
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Agile Supply Chain
- Lean Supply Chain
- Freight Logistics Strategy
- Central Place Theory
- Impact of Product Characteristics
- Unit Load Concept
- Freight Transportation and Modes
- Freight Pricing
- Reducing Freight Costs
- Materials Planning
- Material Classification
- Materials Planning Principles
- Materials Planning and Forecasting Techniques
- MRP (Material Requirements Planning)
- Other Planning Techniques (VMI,QR,CRP, etc)
- Introduction to Warehousing
- Types of Warehouses
- Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Warehouse Operating Principles
- Warehouse Design
- Warehouse Location
- Warehouse Layout
- Qualitative Factor Rating Method
- Planning Warehouse Distribution
- Stock Keeping and Accounting
- Material Handling Systems
- Automatic Warehousing
- Inventory Management Basics
- Inventory Classification
- Inventory Management Models
- Economic Order Quantity( EOQ)
- ABC Inventory Planning
- XYZ Analysis
- Lead Time Management
Logistics and SCM Theories
- Systems Approach
- Resource-Based View Theory
- Knowledge-based view (KBV)
- Strategic Choice theory (SCT)
- Principle Agency theory (PAT)
- Systems theory (ST)
- Transaction Cost Economics
- Game Theory
- Available-to-promise (ATP)
- Theory of Constraints
Logistics Network Planning
- What is Logistics Network Design
- Design Issue and Data
- Logistics Design
- Logistics Planning
- Logistics Costing
- International Logistics
- International Transaction Channels
- International Distribution Channel
Supply Chain Design and Analysis
- Deterministic Analytical Models
- Stochastic Analytical Models
- Economic Models
- Simulation Models
- Supply Chain Process View
- Supply Chain Segmentation
- Aggregate Planning
- Planning Strategies
- SCM Costing
- Activity-based costing (ABC)
- Target Costing
- Sustainable SCM
- Supply Chain Risk Management
Tools and Techniques for Logistics and SCM
- Operations Research
- Linear Programming
- MRP and MRP II
- Barcoding and Mobile Systems
- Quality Basics
- Service Quality
- Quality Management Methods
- Base Lining
- Value Analysis (VA/NVA)
- Six Sigma
- Cause-and-Effect Diagram
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified Logistics and SCM Professional
Candidates preparing for the exam should understand the importance of exam resources. During the exam preparation, it is essential to get all the required exam study resources. This will provide an advantage to understand the concepts and meaning more accurately. In the Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional exam preparation guide, we will discuss some of the most important resources to help you prepare well for the exam.
Study Resource: Exam Objectives
For every examination, the first task should be to get all the exam related details including the important contents and its topic. This will help candidates to easily start preparing for the exam and to understand things more accurately. For Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional, the topics include:
- Introduction to Logistics
- Supply Chain Management
- Freight Management
- Materials Planning
- Inventory Management
- Logistics and SCM Theories
- Logistics Network Planning
- Supply Chain Design and Analysis
- Tools and Techniques for Logistics and SCM
- Quality Management
- Future Developments
Study Resource: Vskills Online LMS
Vskills Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional provides candidates access to prepare for the exam using the online learning material for a lifetime. The online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Study Resource: Books for Reference
Reference Books can provide an advantage to learn and understand things more accurately. For the Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management 5th Edition by Martha Goshaw
- Supply Chain Logistics Management 5th Edition by Donald Bowersox (Author), David Closs (Author), M. Bixby Cooper
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management 3rd Edition by John Mangan (Author), Chandra C. Lalwani
Study Resource: Practice Test
After understanding and learning about the Certified Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional exam topics, it is time for practice tests. That is to say, practice tests are important for better preparation as by assessing yourself with these tests you will know about your weak and strong areas. Moreover, you improve your answering skills for getting better results. So, make sure to find the best practice sources.
Prepare for Job Interview
Preparing for job interview in logistics and supply chain management, checkout these online job interview questions and become job ready.