Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, and honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo F. Buscaglia
Actually, there isn’t any art behind it. It is just that we were born to be happy, and we can show this happiness with that beautiful smile of ours. To some extent, we all know how to have a true and genuine smile.There is a fun and joy post about smiling.
A smile is so simple and very powerful. Some effects of showing your internal joy and happiness are:
- People will be attracted to you– People will be attracted to your energy. When you smile more, you will carry an aura that will draw people’s attention towards you. People will try to being around you, knowing only that they feel good around you. We also like and want to be around happy and cheerful people, right?
- Optimistic – We will feel more positive about our own selves and the world.
- Happiness & Joy– A smile is an expression of happiness and joy in us. A smile will boost the happiness we feel.
- Healthy– A smile or being happy do affect our internal state, which can have physiological impact on our physical as well as mental health.
- Approachable– A smile is so welcoming and nice that will make people feel more comfortable.
- Making Others also Happy– A smile has so much power to make other people also feel good about themselves. It is very heart-warming and has the strong power to cheer up others also.
- Smiles Are Contagious– Others can very quickly and easily catch your amile and they will experience the above ‘side effects’.
- Simply feels good– Smile and you will feel happy, when you feel happy then you smile! Even if you’re not feeling good, try smiling, genuinely, and notice how you feel!
Try and Take The Smiling Challenge!
When meeting people, look for things you admire or like about them, no matter how small it is, let them know about it. A small true compliment for them can go a long way to lift people’s attitudes. I have found it even for myself that it is very useful to be conscious of things that make me smile. You may want to spend few time making a list of things that brings a smile to your face.
Smiling is very important and crucial when it comes to first impression on someone. Smile when you first meet someone, that will definitely indicate to the other person that you are genuinely and truly happy to see them and that you are a positive and happy going person. These impressions will have a ever lasting effect on the other person so definitely not one to miss!
What makes you smile? Who made you smile today? Share your joy and happiness in a comment!