What is Advertisement?
Advertisement is derived from the old French from the verb
“A notice or an announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy”. It’s the dictionary meaning of advertisement.
Advertisement can also be defined as “paid form of non-personal presentation and promotion of
So it is very clear that the basic meaning of advertisement is an impersonal presentation where a standard or common message regarding the merits, price
Effective Techniques of Advertisement
Advertisement has become the biggest weapon of the companies to sell their product and to show that their product is much better than their competitors. But doing
There are some effective techniques which makes the advertisement a never forgettable one:
1. Emotional Appeal
Most of the advertisement uses this technique to emotionally
2. Promotional Advertising
In this technique, the seller uses to give attractive offers to pull the customer towards their product. By offering the customer gets influenced by such offers and purchases that product. For e.g.-
In the above image, there is a “buy one get one offer” of pizza which will definitely attract the buyer as they would be getting two pizzas in
3. Bandwagon effect
Bandwagon effect is a persuasive technique through which one can persuade
In the above advertisement of toothpaste, they are showing that “over one million” have used their product which means that one million have trusted their brand so they should also.
Repetition is very useful in
Endorsing famous personality for their product helps to gain the attention of the consumer. As consumer beliefs in that celebrity which ultimately makes them belief on their product. They think that the quality of the product is also good as it is used by a celebrity. And it Also shows the advertisement attractive. For e.g.
In the above advertisement celebrity is used for promoting cosmetics.
6. Targeted Audience
Before creating an advertisement always keep in mind the targeted audience. As they only are the actual buyer so their need must be satisfied from that product. It should be shown in the advertisement that this product is made for them only. For e.g.-
In the above add targeted audience is above 50 years or the elders.
This technique is also very effective as you can symbolise your product with something natural or essential or one can give a deeper message through that product to the public which tells that how much worthy the product is for the use. For e.g-
8. Use of colours
Always use bright and vibrant colours in advertisement as it drags the attention of the viewer .It always shine between all other dull advertisement around it. Such advertisements are usually uses in the products related to kids as their eyes catch such colours very easily. For e.g.-
In the above
9. Punch line
Punch line creates
10. Use of current events
The use of current events in the advertisement make the audience holding and curative to watch it, if the story of advertisement is made by keeping in mind the recent events then the advertisement will definitely be watched by the viewers . For e.g.- At the time of demonetisation in India many mobile payments app took advantage of this and advertise their service as much as possible, which ultimately dragged the public towards their service as during that time people might have need of such service.
11. Use Metaphor
Use of metaphor in
This advertisement clearly shows that after drinking you can do all
12. Facts And Figures
The use of facts and figures provides people security towards that product and satisfies their need. They purchase that product without even thinking a second. They rely on data shown to them. So use of statistical data in the advertisement creates a great impact on the people. For e.g.-
Above displayed advertisement tells that it has 40% less fat and 30%
13. Slice of Life
Use a part of
14. Weasel Words
Weasel words are those words which make the word or phrase meaningful or believable although it might be not true. It is just all about how you phrase that sentence to make your product valuable in the eyes of the viewer. This technique is most important and effective and it is also very common. For e.g.
15. Use of Innovative idea
For an attractive
Importance of Advertisement
In nowadays marketing scenario advertisement has become a very essential part of
Importance for consumers
1. Increases Awareness: Advertisement increases the awareness of the customer regarding the product whether it is
2. Ease of Comparison: As it is clearly visible
Importance for business
1. Increase in sales: Advertisement stacks big part in the profit of companies by promoting the products on the various modes of advertisement like –social media, internet, television radio etc. That is the main reasons that the companies are investing so much in the advertisement as there is not only the competition of
2. Help in grasping the market again: If a product has lost its market or left behind in the race of competition from other products then
Importance for the society
1. Creates Employment: When companies start doing advertisement it generates employment for many persons which are behind the camera and are in front of the camera. As for creating an effective
2. Increase awareness: through advertisement like no smoking, no drinking and driving
Strategies of Advertisement Followed by Various Indian Companies
Amul was established in 1946 to stop the exploitation by middleman. The Amul model has helped India to emerge as the largest milk producer in the world. Their milk is processed in 184 districts Co-operative Unions and marketed by 22 State Marketing Federation, ensuring a better life for millions.
The strategy used by Amul for advertisement is very simple and sweet. They advertise their product with the help of a cartoon girl which has one pony tail. This girl literally lives in every person’s heart of India.
Amul narrates the story of current events with the help of this girl and she touches the heart of each and every person no matter what age group they belong. This little girl of Amul advertises its product and connects people by its unique style.
-Amul also endorses some of its non-dairy products.
-Amul also uses catchy lines in its advertisement which make it humorous. All the hoardings of Amul are very interesting and effective. They are still going on the same pattern of advertisement but
Patanjali is a private Indian company which deals with consumer goods. It was founded in 2006 by Baba Ramdev and Acharya Balkrishna. They also grow many endangered herbs on its farmland for maintaining the quality of the products.
Advertisement strategy of Patanjali is quite impressive-
- As they didn’t endorse any of their products whether it is a toilet cleaner or a beauty product.
- Showcase their quality is much better than the products of MNC’s available in the market.
- Use emotional appeal by asking the consumer to use products made in “BHARAT”.
- Attract the consumer by showing the good qualities of raw material they use in producing their product and showing that they manufacture chemical free products which
- Their advertisement also encourages the public to use natural products rather than chemical mixed one.
- They also show that their product is cheaper and valuable in comparison with other brands.All in all PATANJALI has grown so large only because of the advertisement they display in which they compare their product with other market giants and convinced public to buy their product.
Bharti Airtel limited is a leading global telecommunication company with operations in 16 countries across Asia and Africa. It was established in the year 1995 in India. The company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national and international long distance services to carriers. Bharti Airtel had over 413 million customers across its operation at the end of March 2018.
The advertising strategy followed by Airtel is very well planned as
- Before launching of Jio Airtel’s advertisement were based on the relationship between friends and family like–“Har
ekfriend zaroori hotahai”
- After Jio’s launching Airtel market demand dropped but it
comeup with a new plan and new advertising idea. As after doing surveys Airtel came to know that today’s youth requirement is a fastestgrowing network and it advertises itnetwork as youths need so its targeted audience is basically youth.
- After this
planit uses promotional techniques to attract the consumer like- Airtel Thanks in which it offers 3 months of free NETFLIXsubscription, 1 year of AMAZON PRIME etc. These kinds of offers really gain the attention of customer and Airtel is back in the market.
So basically Airtel focuses on the youths’ demand and creates
Ola cabs are one of the world’s largest
Advertising strategy followed by Ola:
- Ola uses
socialmedia platform to advertise its service like Face book, Instagram, Twitter etc. It firstly advertiseitself with the help of print media like putting large banners and advertising in newspaperand digital media as half of the population is active on it.
- Ola also promotes itself by doing various marketing campaigns which really earn popularity very quickly like-#”Peeke mat
chala” this campaign was all about to make the roads moresafer another campaign of Ola was#Farak Padta Hai this was flagged on the World Environment Day,5 June 2017 this campaign was about to inspire or encourage people to take the first step towards decongesting the cities.
- Ola also offers various coupons to its existing customers like- 40%discount on your rides more than 5 km etc and giving offers on the first ride of the customer and it also tied up with some of the most popular
brandto give Ola coupons. Ola also provides passes to the customer which is quite impressive as it holdup the customer with them for a long period of time with them.
So Ola is doing various advertising techniques to hold their customer to increase their customer and to promote themselves as much as possible.
Dabur India Ltd is one of India’s leading FMCG companies with revenues of over Rs 7,680Cr and market capitalisation of over Rs 48,800Cr.Dabur was established in the year 1884 and turns into World’s Largest Ayurveda Company. Dabur is India’s most trusted brand its group companies are-New About You, Namaste, Hobby. Dabur today operates in key consumer product categories like Hair Care, Oral Care, Health Care, Skin Care, Home Care and foods. Dabur products are also available in over 120 countries across the globe. Dabur also recommends various home remedies which are natural and chemical free.
Advertising Strategy Followed by Dabur is
- Dabur mostly uses above the line advertisement techniques to promote its product.
- As Dabur manufactures a large variety of products so its advertisement also changes according to the product advertised there is not a signature advertisement. It generally advertises its product by showing its Ayurvedic qualities and benefits from its product.
- Dabur advertises its product in such a way that viewers think that this product can satisfy their need. It also took advantage of its brand image. It tries to connect with the people by using emotional appeal.
Emami Limited is one of the leading and fastest growing personal and healthcare businesses in India. It was established in 1974, they have a portfolio of over 300 product based on ayurvedic formulations. It
Advertising strategy of Emami:-
- Emami mostly does endorsements of their products as they feel it is the biggest thing to increase their customer.
- In this competitive
worldEmami has done various measures to grab its market like advertisement on social media as it new very well that nowadays individual spent more time onsurfing on internetand social media. For e.g. Amitabh Bachan as an Acapella performer for Navratan garnered a million views on You Tube.
- Emami is now focusing more on
digitaladvertisement of its products it has increased its advertising expenditure by 27%
- It is also advertising its product through marathons and sports league.
All in all Emami has entered in the digital marketing for its product promotion and also started doing various techniques to increase its sales and maintain its brand image.
Very perfect suggestive comments with favoulous effects