The HR analyst is an interdisciplinary role within the human resources department that deals with HR-related matters through technological tools. It is a vital position since, according to every HR analyst’s job description, they manage all the essential digital records, assist with any HR-related queries, and analyze HR data to provide rapid solutions to any challenges. It is usually not available in small companies but in companies with a large strength of employees.
HR Analyst helps an organization take key decision in effective management of people. It uses various computer applications and software to analyze data and provide required inputs on various matters related to human resource management.
Roadmap to becoming an HR Analyst
It is hard to map a well-defined career path in today’s world. Usually, you start as a junior analyst and gain relevant experience and skillset and attain the position of the senior analyst in the organization you are working.
The data-driven mindset of an analyst is increasingly popular and looked for in management positions.
Career paths to becoming HR manager and HR director are available, as well as horizontal paths towards (senior) Human Resources Generalist, or the more specialized Human Resources Information System Analyst and HRIS manager.
Students looking to take HR Analyst as a career must be well versed in communication skills and technical skills along with the data analytical mindset. They should be capable enough to take the most feasible and profitable decisions for the organization with minimal loss and should have the knowledge of day-to-day operations carried out in their organization.
Educational Qualification For HR Analyst
To develop a preferable skillset and formal work experience as required to be an HR Analyst, you need to fulfil some basic requirements given below.
UG Course For HR Analyst
In order to pursue a career in the field of HR, the choice of candidate must be related to the same domain. Some of the widely preferred choices are:
1. Bachelors of Business Administration(BBA)
2. BBA in Human Resource Management
PG Course for HR Analyst
- Masters of Business Administration(MBA)
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- Data Analytics Courses
Top Colleges To Pursue Career as an HR Analyst
- India Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Management Indore
- National Institute of Securities Market, Navi Mumbai
- Vidyasagar University, Midnapore
Job Roles and Work Description For HR Analyst
HR Analyst is a senior-level job position in any organization and thus needs to be handled with utmost sincerity and responsibility. Here are a few job roles that HR Analyst has to offer.
- Human Resource(HR) Executive
- Human Resource(HR) Associate
- Assistant Human Resource(HR) Manager
- Human Resource(HR) Manager
- Human Resource (HR) Analyst
Employment Sector for HR Analyst
Almost every recognized organization in India consist of an HR department and employs professionals who have the required skillset and experience to perform the task efficiently. HR Department provides policies to be formulated for better functioning and provides data-based input to the department. However the scope and development in this career may be limited as a most organization does not require a separate department for the performance of these roles, and if required it could be done by delegating to other departments too.
But at the same time, the fact cannot be overlooked that HR Analyst role is on the rise as if has to offer several key benefits to the organization when it comes to effectively and efficiently managing the workforce and forming and setting up required policies and framework to work within to have a positive impact on the organization. Given below are some of the tasks and responsibilities of HR.
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen.
- Optimizing and implementing (new) data processes and systems.
- Maintain HR data tools, reporting, and dashboards.
- Produce and deliver standard (monthly, quarterly, and annual) and customized HR reports.
- Respond to HR data requests on an ad hoc basis by gathering, analyzing, and reporting relevant data from various sources.
- Maintain HR data integrity by ensuring the accuracy and consistency of input data. Audit HR data and troubleshoot irregularities. Support data governance processes.
- Responsible for master data entry.
- Partner with HR and Payroll on system upgrades and analyses.
HR Analyst Salary
Salary for an HR Analyst can vary depending on the organization, location and experience. Given below are the average salary details of HR Analyst roles in India.
1. HR Executive: 2-3LPA(Entry level salary), 3.5-4LPA(mid level salary), 9LPA(senior level salary)
2. HR Associate: 2.5LPA(entry-level salary), 3-4.5LPA(mid level salary), 7.5LPA(senior-level salary)
3. Assistant HR Manager: 4.5-5LPA(entry-level salary), 5.5-6LPA(mid level salary), 9.5LPA(senior-level entry)
4. HR Manager: 4-5LPA(entry-level salary), 7-7.5LPA(mid-level salary), 10+LPA(senior-level salary)
5. HR Analyst:3.5LPA(entry-level salary), 5LPA(mid level salary), 8LPA(senior-level salary)
The scope and salary for HR Analysts in the upcoming future is expected to increase along with employment opportunities in some of the top organizations in the world. The best opportunity will be available to skill and well-versed candidates with an exceptional and excellent knowledge of people management. However, the job comes with a huge workload and stress. It requires advanced knowledge of software which could prove to be a barrier for some of the eligible candidates lacking software skills.
The average salary offered for this role is low compared to the job scope and required expertise in this domain. It could be concluded that the role of HR Analyst is going to boom in the upcoming future with a high scope provided you got a relevant skillset and experience.
Evaluate yourself with Practice Test
Practice tests are equally important during the preparation time. This not only helps candidates to improve their answering skills but also helps in finding out the weak areas. Moreover, by assessing themselves candidates will get a clear view of their preparation and then start working on it accordingly. So, start practicing for the exam and get certified.
Top 50 Interview Questions on HR Analytics
Get ready to crack you job interview whether you are a fresher or professional. These interview questions are solely designed to serve the purpose to enrich you with knowledge. We have curated expert questions to help both beginners and professionals that will help them to advance their career and gain knowledge to face any typical interview.