E-learning , simply refers to learning over internet.It stands for electronic learning that is a non classroom method of education delivery with the use of computers.e learning is essentially the network enabled transfer of skills and information. E-learning applications and processes include Web-based learning, computer-based learning, virtual classrooms and digital collaboration. Content is delivered via the Internet, intranet/extranet, audio or video tape, satellite TV, and CD-ROM.
Let’s take a brief look on what the advantages of e learning are!!
- Availability of more reliable and cheaper means of learning.
- Learners chose what, when and where they want to learn. They are not constrained by the arrangements made by the traditional timetables, schedules and curricula.
- No teachers present to control your work on the spot. Learning is enjoyable and stress free.
- Distance Learning gives equal chances for all learners irrespective of background or status.
- Internet is provider of diverse learning styles and authentic material which facilitates the process of learning.
- Learners may have the option to select and opt the learning material that meets their intellect and understanding.
- Self paced learning modules provide learners to complete their study at their own pace.
- There is a flexibility to join discussions in a bulletin board threaded discussion areas at any hour and also to connect with their mates in the interactive chat rooms.
- It leads to development of computer and internet skills that are transferrable in other facets of life too.
- Successfully completing online courses develops a sense of self knowledge and self confidence that encourages the students to take further responsibility of their learning.
- Development of a conducive environment that is suitable for learning.
- It helps to exploit the available resources fully.
- Pre services, in services and post services training and development programs are involved that strengthen effective use of the material studied.
Thus, we now know that the concept of e learning has completely changed the conventional scenario of learning. It has globalised the learning methodologies and broken all boundaries to take education to every nook and corner of the world!!!
Click here for government certification in Digital Media
Very interesting. Well done!
Surely a crisp one.And yes E-Learning has definitely become the flavour of today!
Yes! I agree e- learning is a revolution in the education system.
Well written !
A fast pace growing industry. Well written.
Nice! Good work!
Well written.. Good..!
According to me, It is a growing industry. there’s a lot more to go. A list of providers would be nice. Otherwise good article 🙂
well pointed out
e learning is a very exoteric,frugal and helpful means of learning!good job…..
Truly stated.. E learning will definitely help people to gain confidence.. !
This site is a form of E-learning in itself!
Good choice of topic!
E-learning is a growing industry. We can now get a degree from a Wharton from the comfort of ours homes and spend a lot less. But the question arises can E-learning be a replacement to the old-school way of learning? (pun intended)
I personally feel that there there is no replacement for the traditional way of learning. Traditional way has a lot more to offer than E-learning. It is a place to interact with people who come from all ways of life. It provides a more holistic approach to education; something which goes way beyond academia.
Feel free to chip in your thoughts on the matter.
E-learning has its own benefits it could be very helpful concept for the place like india but first or government need to work on the connectivity of the different regions of a country through Internet so that all the people of our country can avail the benefits of e-learning even in the villages or any other backward area so to improve the condition of our nation….. 🙂
totally agreed with the points…edx,khan academy and many more sites have helped me a lot!
As the internet evolved so did the way of learning. E-learninf is one such achievement.