One of the simple ways to organize contents is by making use of card sorts.
To do a card sort you need:
1. A set of plain cards
3. An idea regarding the site’s content
The next you do is, write a title for each card based on content and write a one or two line brief description of the site.
The reason this works is because:
1. You jot down all the essential info, and you don’t leave behind any idea, which might come up later and cause a hassle in the design.
2. Its easier to use cards and sort them or cluster them together as per their associativity.
3. It can help in proper grouping of content with context.
4. It is easier to implement and try it out, and helps in categorizing quicker, when compared to other methods.