For the success of an operation unit, planning, and control act as essential ingredients as it helps in ensuring the optimum utilization of production capacity, by properly scheduling the machine items that reduce idle time and the over-use. Thus, production planning is an essential learning aspect for the efficient running of a business. So, if you are also someone who wishes to build a career in production planning and control then stay with us till the end of the blog as here you’ll get to find the 6 Best Production Planning and Control Certification and Online Courses to Learn in 2022. Let’s begin with knowing the roles and responsibilities of a PPC professional.
As a production planning and control professional, one is required to-
- Coordinate the production workflow for products.
- Plan operations for maximum performance.
- Ensure minimum delay.
- Determine manpower, equipment as well as raw materials required to cover production demand.
To begin with, let’s discuss the basic skills that are required to achieve excellence in production planning and control. These are-
- Mathematical skills
- Knowledge of statistics
- Good communication skills
- Detail orientation
- Problem-solving skills
- Fundamental computer skills
- Business operations knowledge
6 Best Production Planning and Control Certification and Online Courses to Learn in 2022
So, for the candidates who aspire to refine their skills and boost their career in production planning and control, here are the best courses on PPC offered by some well-known online educational sites and institutes that will both enhance your knowledge and will also validate your knowledge on several professional platforms and your CV. So, without wasting any more time, let’s look at the 6 Best Production Planning and Control Certification and Online Courses to Learn in 2022.
1. Certified Production Planning and Control Professional by Vskills
This government certification program teaches you the importance of production planning which is required for scheduling, inspection, quality management, dispatch, inventory management, supply management, as well as equipment management. So, by the end of this program, you’ll gain the necessary insights required for production targets, optimum utilization of resources, cost savings, and quality management. Following are some important details and the course outline that you should know before enrolling in this course.
- Government certification validity- Lifetime
- E-learning access- Lifelong
- Learning hours- 12 hrs
- Production Planning Control
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Master Production Planning and Scheduling
- Inventory Management
- Material Requirements Planning
- Production Scheduling
- Capacity Management
- Quality Management
2. Introduction to Production Planning and Control by Alison
This free online program gives you a detailed guide on the scope of production control, production planning, as well as capacity planning of industrial engineering. Here, you’ll get to learn about inventory, the purpose of inventory, its benefits, along with the models of inventory as they relate to the optimization of an organization’s resources. So, you can go for this certification if you wish to develop your fundamental skills of using production planning but before that keep note of the following important details.
- Duration- 5-6 hrs
- Production Planning And Control
- Production Planning And Control: Scheduling And Priority Sequencing
- Course Assessment
3. Production planning and control – PPC by Udemy
This course will make you understand the basic concepts of production, the process of manufacturing, selection of apt systems for inventory optimization, advanced planning, product management, and control techniques such as lot sizing, order size calculation, EOQ method, break-even analysis, and assembly line balancing, along with many more.
- Certification validity- Lifetime
- 1 article and 2 downloadable resources
- Learning hours- 3
- Price-Rs 525
- PPC procedure
- Material requirement planning
- Vital techniques
4. Manufacturing Planning and Control by Michigan state university
For people working in any capacity of operations in the supply chain, this course will be beneficial in helping them gain a thorough understanding of manufacturing planning and control key elements. Alongside, it’ll also assist its participants in mastering a variety of decision tools that can assist them in effective planning and execution. Go through the following details and course outline to be aware of the prerequisites and other information.
- Fees- $2,480
- Certificate of completion
- Start date- February 1, 2022
- Introduction to Manufacturing Planning and Control (MPC) and Forecasting
- Causal, Static and Adaptive Forecasting
- Forecasting and Aggregate Production Planning
- Aggregate Planning and Cycle Inventory
- Cycle and Safety Inventory
- Safety Inventory and Network Design in Supply Chains
- Network Design and Material Requirement Planning & ERP Systems
- Material Requirement Planning & ERP Systems
5. Level 2 – Manufacturing Production and Operations by IOSCM
This course will help you gain skills in particular areas of the manufacturing and production processes based on the units that you choose to study. So, the customization of your qualification is entirely tailored to you. Thus, keeping in mind your current role, you may choose the skills required to take your career to the next level. Some other details of this program are as follows-
- Introduction to Supply Chain
- The Role and Responsibilities of a Team Leader
- Introduction to Warehousing & Inventory
- Introduction to Procurement
- Introduction to Manufacturing, Planning & Control
- Introduction to Logistics
- Introduction to Ports & Shipping
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to the Movement of Goods
- Introduction to International Trade & Freight
- IT in Manufacturing
- Sourcing Products & Selecting Suppliers
- Team Development & Performance
- Supplier Relationships
- Introduction to Customer Service
6. Production planning, scheduling, and control training course by Academy of business training
This course on production planning and control examines the fundamental concepts of what is to be produced, when to be produced, how much is to be produced, etc. to create finished products. Thus, this three-day program on production planning will present the industry recommended basics of production planning, scheduling as well as control. So, if you are a beginner then this course is a good option for you to choose.
- Ways of learning- public class, self-study, webinar or on-site training
- Cost- $1,999.00
- Certificate of completion
So, let’s wrap up the blog with the hope that it’ll help you decide which course suits your requirements in the best way. So, what are you waiting for? Right away enroll for any of the above courses and boost your production planning and control skills.