A business committed to improving the world is bound to attract more talent and this is the reason why CSR helps in attracting and retaining employees. Subsequently, CSR manager as a career is in high demand. It is an evolving, and growing field with almost no prerequisite qualifications to enter the sector which makes it even more challenging because of the absence of a clear path. Thus, applying for a good course and getting certified in sustainability or CSR is really beneficial for candidates aspiring to become CSR professionals. Therefore, if you are somebody who wants to build a career as a CSR professional then simply follow us till the end of the blog as here you’ll get to find the 10 Best Corporate Social Responsibility Online Certification and Courses to Learn in 2022 that’ll help you decide which course will best meet your requirements.
So, let’s begin with knowing the roles, responsibilities, and required skills of a CSR professional.
As a CSR professional, one has the following types of responsibilities-
To begin with, let’s discuss the fundamental skills required to become a CSR professional.
- Influential skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Management skills
- Knowledge of the business
- Project management skills
- Leadership qualities
10 Best Corporate Social Responsibility Online Certification and Courses to Learn in 2022
In today’s world, where numerous courses are available via several educational websites on CSR, it becomes difficult to decide which of these courses would benefit you in the best way possible. So, here we are to guide you by providing a list of the 10 Best Corporate Social Responsibility Online Certification and Courses to Learn in 2022. This will help you analyze and find which of these courses meet your requirements. So, without any further waste of time let’s directly look at the courses-
1. Certified Corporate Social Responsibility Professional by Vskills
This government certification program assesses you as per the organization’s need for corporate social responsibility compliance and management. It provides you with knowledge in various areas of corporate social responsibility such as CSR regulation, laws, accountability, mercantilism, phases of CSR, types of CSR, reputational capital, business ethics, and corporate governance. Following are some other important details and the course outline that you should know before enrolling in this course.
- Validity of certificate- Lifetime
- Government certified
- Fees-Rs 3499
- Learning hours- 13 hrs
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social License
- CSR Motives
- Laws of CSR
- Role of Private Companies
- Types of CSR
- Phases of CSR
- Objectives of CSR
- CSR and Reputational Capital
- Corporate Social Entrepreneur
- Business Ethics & CSR
- Corporate Governance
- CSR Reporting
- CSR in India
- Case Study
2. Corporate Sustainability. Understanding and Seizing the Strategic Opportunity by Coursera
This course illustrates how to assess and seize the chances that are offered by these global emergencies. It offers new ways for understanding the purpose and the logic of success of the business enterprise, hence, providing ideas and instances on how to manage the transition process in order to realize the value creation potential from corporate sustainability for all the involved stakeholders. However, keep note of the following important details before applying for it.
- Subtitles: Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, German, Russian, English, Spanish
- Flexible deadlines
- Duration- 16hrs
- Physical Elements of Solid Waste Management
- Governance Aspects of Solid Waste Management
- Organic waste treatment
- Special waste fractions
- Strategic Issues and Planning in Solid Waste Management
3. Corporate Social Responsibility by Udemy
This course, helps you will acquire important insights into CSR planning, strategy, and implementation that’ll provide you with an edge as an entrepreneur, executive, employee, and prospective employee. Moreover, every concept of CSR is clearly explained in an effective way, supported by real-world instances from the industry.
- Certification validity- Lifetime
- Accessible on- TV and mobile
- Learning hours- 1 hr 52 min
- Introduction to CSR
- Corporate governance and business ethics
- CSR planning and strategy
- CSR implementation
4. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): A Strategic Approach by edX
This four-week introductory course on CSR helps students from either the business or the philanthropic sector to develop a better understanding of both sides of the partnerships that underlie the projects based on Corporate Social Responsibility. It also teaches you the way you can improve your interactions with your cross-sector partners, enhance your use of pooled resources, and deepen the impact.
- Duration- 4weeks
- About the CSR landscape.
- How shifting CSR activity from discretionary to integral components of a company’s strategy creates long-term benefits for company and society.
- Why CSR is essential for attracting and retaining employees, and how to take advantage of this win-win for company and community.
- Criteria for successful corporate-nonprofit partnerships.
- Principles and examples of CSR in the US, Netherlands and India.
5. SA 8000 – Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Accountability for Organizations by Alison
This free-of-cost online course well-explains the fundamental concepts regarding the Standard. It introduces you to the management system and the purpose of SA 8000. Besides, you’ll learn the various needs, explanations, and applications of SA 8000 along with the role of SA 8000 as a Social Audit Framework and would gain the Social Performance Team (SPT) and documentation skills. Some other important details of the program are as follows-
- Duration- 3-4hrs
- Flexible schedule
- Fundamentals Of Social Compliance SA 8000
- Strict Requirements On Social Compliance
- Management System Specifications For Social Compliance
- Course Assesment
6. Corporate Social Responsibility by Swayam
The course familiarizes you with the field of Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR). Beginning with a discussion on the CSR activities’ history, it moves via planning, implementation, evaluation as well as the development of the CSR cycle in profit-making organizations. By the end of this course, you’ll also know how the field of CSR is likely to develop in the future.
- Duration-8 weeks
- Course type-Elective
- Introduction to CSR: What and Why of CSR
- Emergence of CSR: History and current scenario
- Stakeholders: Organization, Government, Society, and Regulatory Environments
- Planning and Implementing CSR activities
- Evaluating and developing CSR activities
- Corporate Governance
- CSR and Sustainability
- Future Directions
7. Executive Certification in CSR (ECCSR) by JNICSR
This course explains to you the role of corporate responsibility as a way to enhance products, brand equity, and profits. Here, you get to understand that the idea of corporations as simply wealth-creating firms with no obligations to the environment is no longer acceptable. Moreover, you’ll examine several corporate initiatives that attempt to address these challenges and how they are being evaluated in the eyes of the public.
- Defining Corporate Social Responsibility
- Evolution of Indian CSR Framework (Pre Companies Bill 2012)
- Companies Act Act 2013
- Social Impact Assessment and CSR Audit
- Brand Building and Corporate Image
- Online Examination
8. Sustainable Business Strategy by HBS Online
This course on sustainable business strategy shows how businesses can thrive and grow while solving some of the world’s greatest challenges simultaneously. Besides, you’ll understand how you as an individual can work in this field in order to make a valuable difference in society.
- The Business Case for Action
- Driving Change at Scale – Moving Beyond the Firm
- Purpose-Driven Systemic Change
9. Introduction to CSR and sustainability by IICSR
This course emphasizes teaching the fundamental theory of CSR and sustainability and its applicability in a company. It explains how the start to the end of the CSR lifecycle revolves around building a sustainable complaint future. So, if this is what you are looking for in a corporate social responsibility course then simply apply for this course and you’ll highly benefit.
- Introduction and Application to CSR and Sustainability in Management Verticals
- CSR and Sustainability Measurement Tools
- Social Entrepreneurship
- CSR and Sustainability Communications
- NGO Fundraising
10. Responsible Marketing and the Fundamentals of Corporate Social Responsibility by Future Learn
This program provides you with an understanding of the basic concepts and purpose of CSR. In this course, with the help of examples, you get to explore how businesses can educate and help their customers become more responsible and sustainable through their corporate social responsibility programs. Hence, if you wish to gain an introductory understanding of CSR then this is a good option for you to choose.
- Duration- 4 weeks
- Weekly study- 2hrs
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Responsibilities to stakeholders.
- The Circular Economy and carbon footprint.
- Responsible marketing
- The responsible consumer
- The Sharing Economy
We hope this blog will turn out to be insightful and will help you choose the best course for you. So, stop waiting and start learning; enroll in any of the above courses and kick-start your career as a CSR manager.