Market research enables us to assess the key trends to anticipate how the market might change. It is an essential step in the identification of new market segments, development of new products, and selection of target market. Thus, market research if done well helps in planning the strategy. Companies hire market research analysts to monitor the marketing trends and devise suitable strategies. Subsequently, they look for candidates who stand up in their knowledge, practical skills and possess standard certifications that showcase their knowledge. So, if you are someone who wishes to build a career in market research, then stay with us till the end as here you’ll find the Top 10 Market Research Certification and Courses in 2022. Let’s begin with knowing the roles and responsibilities of a market research analyst.
As a market research analyst, one is required to-
- Monitor sales trends
- Forecast marketing trends
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Devise methods for collecting data
- Conduct surveys and questionnaires
To begin with, let’s discuss the basic skills that one is recommended have before going for a certification course in market research-
- Technical knowledge
- Statistical skills
- Analytical skills
- Commercial skills
- IT skills
- Good Communication skills
- Organization skills
Top 10 Market Research Certification and Courses in 2022
For people who wish to start their career in market research and analysis, this is the right place as here we provide you with the Top 10 Market Research Certification and Courses in 2022 offered by the best-known online educational sites and institutes that will both boost your skills and will also validate your knowledge on various professional platforms and your CV. So, without any more waste of time, let’s directly look at the Top 10 Market Research Certification and Courses in 2022.
1. Certified Market Research Analyst by Vskills
This certification assesses your knowledge as per the organization’s need for market research. It tests you on several fronts including marketing research fundamentals, research design, and goals, primary and secondary data collection, data processing and analysis, sampling and hypothesis, multivariate data analysis, report writing, and forecasting methods. Thus, this program is highly suitable for candidates aspiring jobs in the market research departments of companies. Following are some important details and the course outline that you should know before enrolling in this course.
- Government certified
- Learning hours- 18 hrs
- Certification validity- Lifetime
- E-learning access- Lifelong
- Marketing research
- Marketing research process
- Scientific method and research design
- Research and data objectives
- Research communication
- Primary data collection
- Secondary data collection
- Sampling and hypothesis
- Data processing and analysis
- Multivariate data analysis
- Forecasting methods
- Presentation and report writing
- Ethical issues in marketing research
- Sales analysis and forecasting
- Advertising research
- Market segmentation and brand positioning
- Export marketing research
2. Market Research Specialization by Coursera
This specialization is specially designed for candidates with no previous experience in marketing research and hence provides a comprehensive marketing research approach that will help you find and communicate the story in the data. You’ll learn the way to initiate a research project for targeted business requirements, conduct research via multiple modes and datasets, manage suppliers performing specialized research, analyze research data and deliver recommendations from the research as well. So, it is a good option for you to choose but before applying keep note of the following important details.
- Level- Beginner
- Duration- 4months
- Subtitles: English, Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, German, Russian, Spanish
- Research Proposal: Initiating Research
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
- Research Report: Delivering Insights
3. Marketing Research: support your marketing decisions by Udemy
This is a practical step-by-step guide to marketing research. It provides a well-defined structure for those who wish to undertake a research project or conduct research on the behalf of a company. This course makes you understand that market research is not the same as looking for what you can find on an issue- but rather a structured approach to build a picture that can support business decisions that acts as a foundation for marketing strategy. So, this training program is definitely a good option for candidates willing to start their careers as market research analysts.
- Duration- 5.5 hrs
- Full lifetime access
- Fees- Rs 360
- Rating- 4.4
- What is marketing information and research?
- The marketing research process
- Questionnaries and research methodologies
- Data analysis
- Presenting findings and conclusions
- Digital marketing research
4. Quantitative Marketing Research by edX
This course introduces its participants to the concept of value and willingness-to-pay as well as the way to use auctions to estimate this. It also covers conjoint analysis(which discusses the concept of value as a function of different attributes) and cluster analysis(which discusses market segmentation based on different value propositions). Moreover, some other important details of this course are as follows-
- Learning duration- 5 weeks
- Prerequisites- none
- Level- Introductory
- Value and Willingness to pay
- Indirect Measurements of Value
- Survey Design, Constructs, and Scales
- Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Ethics of Marketing Research
5. Principles of market research by University of Georgia
This program is kept up-to-date to reflect the new methods in the marketing research industry. It provides an engaging learning experience via interactive activities and continuous feedback so that you can gauge your progress throughout the training. On the completion of this course, you earn a “Certificate of Program Completion” and also qualify you for the certification designations of three global professional associations. Moreover, some other important details of this program are as follows-
- Standard Fee- $1,795
- Prepayment required for registration
- Course no.- 0531-003
- Course type- Online
- Introduction to Market Research and the Research Process
- Market Research Design and Data Identification
- Sampling in Market Research
- Qualitative Market Research
- Quantitative Data Collection Methods
- Measurement and Questionnaire Design
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Advanced Analytic Techniques
- Working with Secondary Data: Syndicated and Big Data
- Communicating Research Results
- Global Market Research
- Emerging Methods and the Future of Market Research
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Market Research
6. Market Research Foundations by LinkedIn Learning
This course helps clarify your research goals, teaches the way to sell your company on research, find the best participants, and the way to present your data in succinct formats such as customer personas and journey maps. By the end, you’ll gain all the skills you need for planning your next market research study. So, if you wish to enhance your knowledge of marketing research then straightaway enroll in this program. Following are some other important details for you to know before applying for the program
- Duration- 54 min
- Amount-Rs 1150
- Level- Beginner
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
- Research Design: Creating Your Marketing Research Plan
- Communicating Your Research: Your Deliverables
7. Marketing research and analysis by Swayam
This course provides an understanding of various research tools(quantitative and qualitative) required in understanding the customer and segmenting the market. Some of these include focus group study, projective techniques, TAT, regression analysis, discriminant analysis, structural equation modeling, factor, and cluster analysis, multidimensional scaling as well as conjoint analysis, etc. Following are some important details and the course outline that you should know before enrolling in this course.
- Duration- 8 weeks
- Level- UG
- Type- Elective
- Introduction to Marketing Research, Defining Research Problem, Developing, Research Approach, Research Design, Qualitative Research.
- Qualitative Research, Projective Technique, Case Study, Descriptive Research, Design, Primary & Secondary Data, Research Error, Measurement & Scaling.
- Scale Development, Questionnaire & Form Design, Causal Research, Experimental Design & Sampling.
- Sampling, Hypothesis Development, Type I & Type II Errors, Data Preparation, Hypothesis Testing.
- Hypothesis Testing, Cross Tabulation, Correlation & Regression, Factor Analysis.
- Factor Analysis, SEM & CFA, Cluster Analysis.
- Cluster Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, Researching Rural Market, International Marketing Research.
- Ethics, Report Preparation, Multi Dimentional Scaling, Conjoint Analysis.
8. Certified Market Research Analyst by IIMRA
This certification program focuses on providing an understanding of the role of market research in society and business and creating an awareness of the steps involved in designing and planning effective research. Thus, it prepares you for the industry and boosts your research analysis skills. So, it is a good option for you to choose but before applying keep note of the following important details.
- Minimum cut-off- 55%
- Level- Beginner
- Certification fee- USD 530
- The basics of market research
- Designing a research project: The tools of market research
- Conducting market research and market research concepts
- Completing a research project
9. Modern Marketing Research by Experfy
The motive of this course is to help you understand the role of market and marketing research. It helps improve your current marketing research skills and teaches ways marketing researchers may require to adapt their skills to remain influential in the modern corporation. So, this training program is definitely a good option for candidates with or without experience as it’ll help in upskilling your current level of knowledge.
- Fees- $150.00
- Duration- 1hr 56min
- Shareable certificate
- Timeless Principles
- Matching Data to Problems and Decisions
- Reliability and Validity in Different Types of Data
- New Opportunities for Marketing Researchers
- New Skills for Marketing Researchers
10. Marketing analytics by eCornell
This 3-month course covers a variety of topics from customer preference measurement, market response models, and product positioning to customer lifetime value. Thus, it will help you harness the power of data to enhance your bottom line. Though there are no prerequisites for this program as such but you’ll require some understanding of foundational statistics and excel analysis before starting you start your first course. Some other important details of this course are as follows-
- Type- Instructor-led
- Duration- 3months
- Course length- 2weeks
- Measuring Customer Preferences
- Analyzing Segmentation and Targeting
- Using Data for Positioning Brands
- Predicting and Managing Customers’ Lifetime Value
- Market Response Modeling
- Optimizing Digital Advertising with Analytics
So, we’ve discussed all the major sources which provide the best courses on market research. Hopefully, this blog will help you decide which course suits you the best. So, don’t wait anymore and right away enroll for any of the above courses and boost your skills in market research.