Do you want to get ahead of others financially and in terms of knowledge? Do you want to take your career to new heights? Obviously yes! Who does not want to stand out and shine like a star in a bunch of people. Well, in this case, if you have decided to take lean manufacturing as next step in your career then you are at the right place. Lean manufacturing is emerging much demanding skill in the job market. In the current competitive business environment, it is significant for any firm to have a manufacturing practice that is lean, efficient, cost-effective, and flexible.
Learning can take place through various platforms and various ways. You can go for undergraduate degree or diploma or could take any certification course so as to learn about lean manufacturing. But before you decide to finally step into this sector, you shall have complete knowledge about what is going into the sector. Also, knowledge about bunch of matters like what is the job demand? what all sectors are you expected to serve into? and some other similar to these, is essential.
Let us get started to know all about the lean manufacturing.
What is lean manufacturing?
Lean Manufacturing or simply Lean is a process proven to be successful at many fortune 500 companies. It is a proven method to significantly bring down costs. Lean manufacturing is customer focused, and it’s all about developing & maintaining a system to provide value to its customers. It teaches how to eliminate wasteful practices & create more valuable products for the customers. Five major steps of lean implimentation are –
- Specify Value. Define value from the perspective of the final customer.
This field is indented for job seekers in the domain of lean manufacturing, that is, there is no specific set of prerequisites required for getting along. Any Employees and organizations requiring a standardized approach to problem solving for the purpose of continuous improvement in Quality Management.
What are the roles and responsibilities?
The on the job responsibilities are somewhat difficult to compile in a document. However, some of the duties that are required to be carried out are –
- firstly, Purchase new manufacturing equipment, conduct and audit time studies for productivity.
- also, Develop standard work standards and line balancing for productivity.
- furthermore, Identify manufacturing cost reductions.
- in addition, Optimize machining processes to reach product quality, efficiency and process repeatability.
- also, Execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design.
- furthermore, Optimize work flow and cell designs for shop throughput.
- in addition, Design machine and tools for new product or process.
- also, Track and execute cost reduction for process improvements.
- lastly, Plan, execute and manage projects to complete through product continuous improvement.
Skills required in Lean Manufacturing
There is no prerequisite for learning lean manufacturing. However, it is expect that candidate working in this field carry these skills –
- firstly, Quality, Cost and Delivery Data Analysis to assess performance
- furthermore, Effective communication, whether sending or receiving this is an essential core skill
- in addition, Visual Management of performance and workplace conditions
- also, Effective team working techniques
- additionally, 5S to organize the workplace
- moreover, Standardized Work to analyze work and capture current best methods
- essentially, Delegation
- last but not least, Motivation
How to learn the Lean Manufacturing?
You can learn about lean manufacturing through following ways –
Getting an under graduation degree in business and manufacturing
You can get an undergraduate degree right after completing your class 12th. You can begin your career in this field through this and after getting started, you will be promoted to the position of a manager after some time.
Also, Getting PGDM or post graduation degree
It is highly recommended that candidates gain some practical experience of this field or in general, dealing with the manufacturing and allied activities, before they go for a master’s degree course. Going for post graduation in this field becomes essential after a point of time. You can go for PGDM in business administration.
Through certification courses by verified educators and sites such as VSkills, Coursera, Udemy etc.
The certification courses from various vendors as Vskills, Udemy, Coursera etc. are becoming very popular. The certifications have emerged as real currency of 21st century which can be used to secure a real job. Many companies hire the certified candidates. Certification also help you get an edge over others in the same domain no matter if you are already working in this domain or have started fresh in this domain.
Also, adopting learning by doing
Field like this requires more practical experience. So, it is beneficial if you implement your learning by taking small practical assignments or more specifically, going for an applied course in this field.
Moreover, interning under a coach who knows how to implement the technique
You can also do various internships or apprenticeship programs to gain experience in this field because at one point it becomes essential to have practical knowledge along with the theoretical knowledge for getting a job. So, instead of getting a job which is less paid just because you lack experience, you should do a lot of internships or apprenticeship programs.
And there are several other ways to learn. However, the best way to learn is gaining the certifications as they will help you gain maximum in least possible time and will also provide you a proof to showcase your skills. Let us know about one such certification by Vskills, India.
Certified Lean Manufacturing Professional
Vskills certification for Lean Manufacturing Professional assesses the candidate in designing, implementing and maintaining lean principles for lean manufacturing. The certification tests the candidates on various areas like waste elimination, 5S, Using Kaizen, SMED, Kanban Card System, One-piece flow production system, Visual management, TPM and preparing roadmaps for implementing lean manufacturing.
Study & Learn
- Lean Basics & Lean Manufacturing
- also, Visual stream mapping
- in addition, 5S & Role of Kaizen
- furthermore, Kanban Card System
- also, SMED Design
- additionally, One-Piece Flow Production System
- moreover, Visual Management
- also, Total Productive Maintenance
How to become Vskills Certified Lean Manufacturing Professional?
Lean manufacturing is on of the most sought after excellence strategies among leading companies & organizations. Lean Manufacturing professionals are in tremendous demand in global market. With the demand for low cost production rising, Manufacturing companies constantly look for Lean specialists to meet for low cost production & increase profitability & efficiency. Various public and private companies also hire Lean Manufacturing Professional for their process control and quality control departments.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50, Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Mode: Online exam.
Benefits of Certification
- firstly, Government certification
- also, Certification valid for life
- in addition, Lifelong e-learning access
- moreover, Free Practice Tests
- subsequently, Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com
- furthermore, Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com
Let us now look at the content outline of the course –
This certification course will cover the following objectives –
- Origins and Toyota Production System
- Waste Elimination
- Tools and techniques
Value Stream Mapping
- Primary Icons
- Secondary Icons
- firstly, 5S Stages
- in addition, 5S for Waste Elimination
Role of Kaizen
- Kaizen Steps
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing
Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED)
- SMED Design
- Strategic SMED
- Waste Elimination and SMED
Kanban Card System
- Kanban Card Control
One-Piece Flow Production System
- Lean Manufacturing and One-Piece Flow Production System
- Visual Management and Elimination
Total Productive Maintenance
- TPM Principles
Implementation of Lean Manufacturing
- Preparing Roadmap
You can also learn through Vskills online tutorials and free practice test for the same –
These Tutorials, classes and trainings are prepared by the experts in the subject matter. These sessions can be really interactive and helps in developing interest along with the crystal-clear clarity in the concepts. You can refer tutorials here, these tutorials provide with quality content coupled with test series. You must definitely try others of them but of a trustworthy vendor so that you must not be misguided.
Practice is the only way out to pass the exam with a good score. This will help finding your loopholes and will help to identify your weak areas. You will find the parts that you need to work more on and the parts that are fully prepared from the exam point of view. The more you practice, the more your concepts will be clear. This is the most important part of preparation. Try a free practice test now!
Market demand and Average salary
Lean Manufacturing professionals are in tremendous demand in global market. With the demand for low cost production rising, Manufacturing companies constantly look for Lean specialists to meet for low cost production & increase profitability & efficiency. Companies like Philips India, Columbia Asia, Bosch, TCS, Bajaj Auto, Godrej Group, Hindustan Unilever hire the certified professionals in this field.
The average Lean Manufacturing Specialist salary in the United States is $84,262 as of February 26, 2021, but the range typically falls between $71,236 and $95,249. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Benefits of learning lean manufacturing
Benefits of getting the lean certification are unlimited. There are some benefits from the view point of an organization too. However, some of them are –
- firstly, Increased product quality: Improved efficiency frees up employees and resources for innovation and quality control.
- also, Improved lead times: As manufacturing processes are streamlined, businesses can better respond to fluctuations in demand and other market variables, resulting in fewer delays and better lead times.
- furthermore, Sustainability: Less waste and better adaptability makes for a business that’s better equipped to survive well into the future.
- also, Employee satisfaction: this technique boosts not only productivity, but also employee satisfaction.
- in addition, Increased profits: And, of course, more productivity with less waste and better quality ultimately makes for a more profitable company and more salaries too.
So, getting the lean management professional certification can be beneficial for both the organization as well as individual self. Hurry up and start preparing for your better future.