German Dual System of Vocational Training: A Model for India? [PART-I]
Revamping The Vocational Training &Education System towards Better Employ-ability and Skill India Initiative.
In present scenario, Vocational Training are much needed to be appreciated towards catering industrial needs and aspiration. The continual increase in demand for Skilled people are needed to encouraged with proper channelizing their growth prospect. A Vision of Skill India, have potential lies in hands of our service &manufacturing sector fraternity. The India envisioning for exporting skilled work professional to the world in 21st century. Therefore the need of innovative, informative &knowledge based approach are to be adopted in Educational-cum-Training methodology.
The Germany is a pioneer in Vocational Training &Education due to its Dual System of Vocational Training. A World class system of vocational system is achieved through industry led Education-cum-training with few days of learning and maxim days of hands-on-training per week methodology. Almost Large numbers of Vocational Centers in Germany financed by industry itself as by the regulation of government and investment strategy.
India By 2020, will be one of the youngest populations in the world. The ‘Youth dividend’ is source of high economic growth &prosperity for country. In order to capitalize it, India must ensure the Young people enter the labour marketing have proper skills set of world class. Current their is a huge gap between education system and skills demand by industry. As industry is being concerned and simultaneously facing problems of youth employ-ability skill set. This situation is paradoxical towards high unemployment and skill shortage.
Our Indian Prime Minister very cautions about situation, therefore creates Ministry of Skill Development &Entrepreneurship, MSDE with Skill development as priority area for action.
Apprentice Training in India
- The Apprentice Act,1961 enacted
- Objectives to regulate the programme of Apprentice Training and meet industry skill set
- MSDE is responsible for monitoring the implementation of act with state apprentice advisers.
- DoE, MHRD is responsible for implementation of Act in respect Graduate, Technician &Technical Apprentices
- Trade Apprentice Statistics, Seats allocated : 3.59 Lakh, Seats Utilized : 2.20 Lakh
- Graduate, Technician, Technician (vocational) Apprentice Statistics, seats allocated :1.39 lakh, seats utilized: 0.39