Today, OpenStack has its foothold in companies already used to maximising power and control that Linux and UNIX platforms give them. Based on the growing popularity, professionals skilled in OpenStack are in high demand. Thus, gaining knowledge of OpenStack is really beneficial for IT students who wish to kickstart their career in cloud computing as well as working professionals who wish to enhance their current level of knowledge and are looking for a better position in their organisation. Hence, if you are also willing to build a career in cloud computing with OpenStack then it is recommended for you to enhance your knowledge and boost your current skills. So, here we provide you with the 8 Best Openstack Courses & Certification to Learn in 2022 to help you find out which course suits your requirements the best. So, let’s begin with knowing the required skills of the interested candidates.
To begin with, let’s discuss the basic skills that are required to become proficient in cloud computing. These are-
- Technical skills
- Problem solving ability
- Management skills
- Business concepts
- Data analysis
- Project management
8 Best Openstack Courses & Certification to Learn in 2022
So, for the candidates who aspire to refine their skills and boost their career in cloud computing, here are the best courses offered by some well-known online educational sites and institutes that will both enhance your knowledge and will also validate your knowledge on several professional platforms and your CV. So, without wasting any more time, let’s look at the 8 Best Openstack Courses & Certification to Learn in 2022.
1. Certified OpenStack Professional Course by Vskills
This government certification program is beneficial for programmers, web developers, working professionals, and graduates who wish to excel in web application development areas and want further career progression in the development of web applications. Thus, if you also wish to enhance your knowledge of using angular OpenStack then this course is a really good option as it not only upskills your current level of knowledge but also validates your skills on professional platforms.
- Government certification
- Certificate Validity- Lifetime
- Fees- Rs 3499
- Learning duration- 13 hrs
- Let’s Deploy OpenStack Now?
- Bird’s-eye View of OpenStack
- Deploying OpenStack Cloud Brick by Brick – A Deep Dive
- Now for OpenStack’s Magic
- Bells and Whistles of OpenStack
- OpenStack APIs – Development
- OpenStack in Production
2. Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA) by OpenStack
This is the only professional certification offered by the Open Infrastructure Foundation that validates your knowledge of using OpenStack. Moreover, the following are some other details about the exam-
- Certification validity-36 months
- Duration-3 hrs
3. OpenStack Essentials by Udemy
This course is specially designed for IT professionals looking forward to developing a robust understanding of OpenStack and its core services. If you are an IT professional or manager who wishes to find out if OpenStack is the right solution to meet the requirements of your organization then this course will help you enhance your knowledge. With the provision of hands-on lessons at the end of each section, you’ll be able to apply the concepts learned in your real-life.
- Certification validity- Lifetime
- 8 downloadable resources
- Price- Rs 385
- Learning hours- 6 hrs
- Cloud computing overview
- Introduction to OpenStack
- OpenStack installation
- Horizon dashboard
- CLI client
- Identity-service keystone
- Image service-glance
- Networking service-neutron
- Compute service-Nova
4. OpenStack Certification Training by edureka
This training provides you with expertise to master concepts such as Swift, Glance, Nova, Keystone, Cinder, Trove, Neutron, Heat, Ceilometer, along with other OpenStack services. It is designed in a way to help you pass the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam. Thus, it has dual benefits-helping you prepare for the exam and enhancing your overall knowledge of using OpenStack alongside.
- Price- Rs 8499
- Prerequisites- Understanding of virtualization, Linux administration, use of SSH\SCP and fundamental understanding of basic Command Line Interface.
- Introduction to Virtualization, Cloud & OpenStack
- Keystone & Glance (OpenStack authentication system and Image Service)
- Nova & Cinder (OpenStack Compute and Block Storage Service)
- Neutron (OpenStack Network Service)
- Swift (OpenStack Object Storage Service)
- Horizon (OpenStack Dashboard service)
- Heat and ceilometer (OpenStack Orchestration and Billing services)
- Trove (OpenStack Database as a service)
- Troubleshooting and Operator’s Guide (Documentation)
5. Openstack Training and Certification Course Online by MindMajix
The course is beneficial for candidates aiming for a successful career in the cloud computing domain. It covers the essential skills including configuring and maintaining the Openstack platform. Thus, it helps you gain an in-depth understanding of OpenStack architecture, its components, object storage options, networking features, capabilities, managing users, orchestration, and much more. Moreover, the course outline of this course is mentioned below.
- Introduction to Open Stack
- Open Stack Object storage
- Openstack Networking
- Open Stack Compute
- OpenStack Metering And Monitoring
- Practice Test & Interview Questions
6. IaaS Cloud Computing With OpenStack MasterClass – Part 1 by eduonix
This course introduces you to OpenStack Series-I and its services. Further, it dives deep into each of these components and helps you understand the basic architecture well. Besides, you’ll also learn the way to install and configure such components with informative demonstrations. Thus, this course will help enhance your knowledge of cloud computing with OpenStack so that you can apply the concepts practically.
- Welcome and introduction to OpenStack
- Understanding OpenStack cloud solution
- Openstack installation and configuration
- OpenStack keystone service
- OpenStack glance service
- OpenStack Nova service
7. Introduction to OpenStack by edX
This introductory course taught by Linux experts teaches you the basics of OpenStack including deployment of OpenStack, deployment of a virtual machine from Horizon followed by the introduction to the management of OpenStack from the command line and scaling out OpenStack. Following are some other important details that you should know before applying for this course.
- Duration-14 weeks
- From Virtualization to IaaS Cloud
- Understanding OpenStack
- Deploying OpenStack (PackStack and DevStack)
- Deploying a Virtual Machine from Horizon
- An Introduction to Managing OpenStack from the Command Line
- Scaling Out Your OpenStack
8. Software Defined Networking and Cloud Computing by Alison
This online program is recommended for candidates with requisite background knowledge of computer programming and networking. It explains the basic concepts of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and the way it can be used in the context of the IoT. Alongside, it’ll introduce you to the fundamentals of cloud computing and knowledge of sensor cloud technology and OpenStack.
- Duration-5-6 hrs
- Software-denied networking and coud computing
- Introduction to sensor cloud
- Course assessment
Now, it’s time to wrap up the blog. We hope that it will prove to be insightful and will help you decide which course suits your requirements the best. So, don’t wait and directly enroll for any of the above courses and boost your knowledge of using OpenStack.