Certified Equity Research Analyst
An Equity Research Analyst is responsible for researching companies and coming out with a proper strategy and plan for the investors. There are various skills that are required to become an Equity Research Analyst. You will need good analytical and researching ability. Moreover, they are responsible for buying, selling, and holding shares, having a deep understanding and knowledge of concepts is really important. They are an important part of the equity market. Let’s get started to become a Certified Equity Research Analyst.
Equity Research Analyst: Roles and Responsibilities
There are various responsibilities on the shoulders of an Equity Research Analyst. They keep a pulse on the stock market and company-specific news that could affect returns, updates colleagues on these changes, and issue reports. Also, they are the person who is responsible for analyzing risks and profits which can either make or break the future of the firm. Being an Equity Research Analyst will give you the view of both sides of a coin, you will work on the buying as well as the selling of the stocks.
Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst
The Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst lays emphasis on developing relevant skills and knowledge required. Also, It enhances the candidate’s thinking and analytic ability. To add on, you will be able to perform investment research and examine the financial condition of a company or a group of companies. Moreover, you will develop skills to work on and with financial KPOs, investment research firms, private equity firm/venture capital fund, and portfolio management.
Equity Research Analyst Career Path
For equity analysts, the stock market has expanded by leaps and bounds over the years. Aside from being one of the country’s largest markets, stock markets have also provided many job openings in the field of equity research analyst. Let us look at the career opportunities for Equity Research Analyst.
Benefits of the Certification
- Certified Equity Research Analyst job is a roller coaster ride, you are required to work with the daily ups and downs of the market.
- With the Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst you will able to acquire the skills and knowledge to find employment in good companies. Also, you can work with the top companies such as JP Morgan Chases and Co., Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, etc.
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module
- It is an online examination.
- Goals of Equity Research
- Fundamentals of Equity Research
- Process of Equity Research
- Types of Research
- Classification of Stocks and Market participants
- Roles and Responsibilities of an Equity Research Analyst
- Different approaches of Equity Research
- Need and advantages of economic analysis
- Inter-relationship between Stock Markets and Macro-economy
- Index and Indicators
- Inflation and Interest Rates
- Fiscal and Monitory Policy
- Fundamentals of Business Finance, Analysis and Investment
- Financial Management
- Financial Evaluation of Investments
- Financial Decisions
- Capital Structure
- Value and Capital Budgeting
- Corporate Financial Planning
- Working Capital Management
- Competitive Business Strategies
- Tools and Policies in Industrial Analysis
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis and Generic Strategies
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Growth Rate Analysis
- Cash Flow Valuation Process
- Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT)
- Built-Up Method
- Discount cash Flow Valuation Model
- Dividend Discount Models
- Gordon Growth Model
- Free Cash Flow Models
- Relative Valuation Models
- SOTP Valuation
Preparatory Guide for Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst
It is important to follow a proper exam guide and structure when comes to preparing for an examination. Therefore, for the Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst, In conclusion, we have curated a preparation guide to ease your preparation. Let’s get started:
Before preparing for any examination, it is important to know the exam related details and topics. This will help candidates to easily start preparing for the exam. Also, for the Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst, the exam topics to refer to are:
- Economic Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Industry Analysis
- Company Analysis Valuation
Study Resource: Vskills E-Learning
For the Vskills Equity Research Analyst examination, our team has provided online study material. Also, this online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities
Study Resource: Reference Books
Books are man’s best friend. It is important to prepare for the right books. To ease out your hunt for books we have provided a list of books which you can refer to:
- Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts by James Valentine
- Equity Research for the Technology Investor by Sundeep Bajikar
- Equity Research and Valuations by Dun &Bradstreet
Study Resource: Practice Test
After studying for the examination, it is important to practice sample papers. Practising sample test will help you analyze your weak areas and strengths. Moreover, you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. So, make sure to find the best practice sources.
Prepare for Job Interview
Crack Equity research job interview with our latest job interview questions, the sole purpose of these questions is to enhance your knowledge and makes you job ready !