To stand out in the crowd you need to have somewhat different skills than others. Vskills certification for Distribution Manager assesses the candidate as per the company’s need for managing ordering and distribution of products, parts and accessories. The certification tests the candidates on various areas in distribution management which includes logistics, material management, transportation, warehousing, physical distribution, marketing channel, channel management, monitoring and benchmarking.
Getting certifications to make you a preferable candidate for the job as well as increases your importance. They help in showing your commitment towards your aim and dedication towards your work and organization. Let us get into details of this valuable credential.
Why become a Certified Distribution Manager?
This Course is intended for professionals and graduates wanting to excel in their chosen areas. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression. Earning Vskills Distribution Manager Certification can help candidate differentiate in today’s competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
Who should take this certification?
This is the apt certification for those who are looking to develop their career into the similar field. Job seekers looking to find employment in distribution, logistics and supply chain departments of various companies, students generally wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification.
Benefits of Certification
- Government certification
- Certification valid for life
- Lifelong e-learning access
- Free Practice Tests
- Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com
- Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com
- Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50, Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Online exam.
How it Works
- Select Certification & Register
- Receive a.) Online e Learning Access (LMS) b.) Hard copy – study material
- Take exam online anywhere, anytime
- Get certified & Increase Employability
Introduction to Logistics
- Interfaces between Logistics Manufacturing
- Logistics: Manufacturing issues in Customer Service
- Production scheduling
- Interfaces between Logistics and Marketing
- What is Marketing Channel?
- The Nature of Marketing Channels
- Types of Intermediaries
- Contemporary Channel Scenario in India
- Non-traditional Channel Arrangements
- Non-store Retailing
- Direct Selling/Home Selling
Function of Marketing Channel
Selection of Appropriate Channels
- The New Business Environment
- The Importance of SWOT Analysis
- Dealer Selection
- Creating and Administering the Channel
Distribution Channel Management
- Functions of Marketing Channels
- Importance of Channel Distribution
- Types of Channel Arrangement
- Type of Channel Members
- Activities performed by marketing channels
- Role of Intermediary in a Marketing Channel
- Types of Intermediaries
- Difference between Direct and Indirect Marketing Channels
- Multiple Channels of Distribution
- Channel Flow
- Establishment Issues
- Level of Distribution Coverage
- Managing Marketing Channels
- Selecting Channel Members
- Implementing Channel Strategy
- Evaluating Channel Performance
Physical Distribution Concepts and Objective
- Physical Distribution, Marketing Logistics, and Supply Chain Management
- Importance of Physical Distribution/ Marketing Logistics
Components of Physical Distribution
- Warehouse operating principles
- Warehouse strategy
- Planning the distribution warehouse
- Warehouse layout
- Types of Material handling systems in warehousing
Impact on Physical Distribution
Supply Chain Management in Physical Distribution
- What is Supply Chain Management?
- Efficient Consumer Response
- Rapid Response
- Putting it All Together: What is the Right Supply Chain?
- Manufacturing Flow Management
- International Supply Chain and Logistics
- Supply Chain Management in Rural Areas
Distribution and Networking
- Factors Influencing Distribution Network Design
- Design Options for a Distribution Network
- Selecting a Distribution Network Design
Monitoring and Benchmarking
Preparation Guide for Certified Distribution Manager
There are numerous resources that can be used for preparation. But cracking the certification becomes difficult when the set of resources chosen is not apt. You should be very careful while choosing the resources as they will determine actually how well you will pass the exam. let us have a look at handful of resources.
Step 1 – Review the Exam Objectives
The first and foremost thing before you start preparing is to get well versed with the objectives of the exam. Knowing in detail about the exam objectives will let you understand the way through which you will prepare for the exam and then help to pass that with the flying colors. The exam revolves around the following objectives –
- Introduction to Logistics
- Material Management
- Marketing Channel
- Marketing Intermediaries
- Function of Marketing Channel
- channel design
- Selection of Appropriate Channels
- Channel Management
- Distribution Channel Management
- Channel Motivation
- Physical Distribution Concepts and Objective
- Components of Physical Distribution
- Impact on Physical Distribution
- Supply Chain Management in Physical Distribution
- Distribution and Networking
- Monitoring and Benchmarking
- Miscellaneous Topics
Step 2 – Hitting the books
You can refer to as many books as you want and can get them from bookstores or libraries. Books are the most valuable and reliable source for collecting the information relating to the theoretical concepts of the syllabus. Make sure that the books you select has all the necessary concepts that will be asked in the exam. also, the book should offer maximum practice exercises that will help to understand better and learn the things for a long time. Some books that you can refer are –
- Distribution Management 6th Edition 2017 by Richard R Still and Edward W Cundiff, PEARSON INDIA
- Sales and Distribution Management by A Nag
Step 3 – E-Learning and Study Materials
Learning for the exam can be fun if you have right set of resources matching your way of studying. Vskills offers you its E-Learning Study Material to supplement your learning experience and exam preparation. This online learning material is available for lifetime and is updated regularly. You can also get the hardcopy for this material, so, you can prefer either way in which you are comfortable.
Step 4 – Evaluate yourself with Practice Tests
Practices makes a man perfect. You can also find the problems you are facing in your strategy. We all are quite well versed with this saying and also with the truth in this. Practice papers and test series help you in identifying the loopholes in the preparation. Practicing as much as you can will help in identifying various parts of the syllabus that need more attention and that are fully prepared. This is the best way to know your level of preparation. Start practicing now!
Distribution Manager Interview Questions
Checkout these latest online interview questions on Distribution Management to prepare for any job interview. The questions are created by domain experts, to help you to overcome the job interview obstacle.