According to you, what are the duties of an ideal distribution manager?
The only purpose of the interviewer is to assess your awareness about the knowledge and skills required to perform the tasks and also have a clarity on the expectation as a distribution manager. It is suggested to illustrate your experience together with your skills to demonstrate yourself as a potential and ready candidate.
Sample Answer -
"I have been working as a distribution manager for over five years now. As a distribution manager I was expected to perform the following -
1. Actively directing, guiding, and motivating teams to handle goods distribution and storage activities properly.
2. Training personnel to make sure that distribution work is handled accordingly
3. Monitoring stock levels, delivery times, and transport costs
4. Allocating and managing staff resources,
5. Liaising and negotiating with customers
6. Developing business opportunities
7. Overseeing warehouse operations
8. Developing and implementing logistics processes
9. Managing inventory of goods