Are you looking for a Certificate in POSH don’t know to go about it. Well here is a complete guide that will help you sail smoothly and prepare you for better career opportunities.
The concept of sexual harassment goes way down as the history of mankind, yet has received attention and importance at the workplace in recent times. Till 1997, there were no official guidelines to deal with the subject. Thereafter in 2013, the central government has enacted the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, according to which every employer has to protect the female employees at the workplace. The POSH Act, 2013 has been built to protect the women at workplace against sexual harassment by taking corrective measures including workshops, training, legal restriction, punitive measures, disciplinary action or criminal action. Companies have started to have separate departments and engage the workforce to closely look into this area and learn the legal aspects, case laws and detailed procedure to protect the women at the workplace.
The POSH Act covers all the workplaces and includes every woman irrespective of their age, salary, designation and nature of employment. Even the non-employed women workforce including consultants, service providers, customers and suppliers are protected under this Act.
It has therefore become very crucial for organizations to have a qualified workforce which can successfully understand the execution and operation of the POSH Act at an organization. Moreover, it is required to formulate suitable policies for the prevention of sexual harassment and redressal of the same. Organizations are required to mandate internal complaints committee to address such issues and redress them. Companies are also required to conduct orientation programmes and seminars to establish the culture of the organization. POSH Act helps build an encouraging environment for women and empower them to rise against sexual harassment.
About Vskills Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment)
Sexual harassment refers to any form of unwelcome sexual behavior considered offensive, humiliating or intimidating. One of the most effective ways to build a workplace free from sexual harassment is to make aware all employees of it and legal implications so as to identify warning signs and follow proper protocols. The certification is based on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013.
Career as Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) at work Consultant
With the rise of the concepts of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in the workplace, the number of cases of sexual harassment has risen dramatically over time. Let us dive deeper into Career as a Consultant for Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) at workplace!
Why should one take Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment)?
Increased participation of women in work environments has stressed for safe and secure workplaces. Globally companies need to comply with sexual harassment prevention-related regulations.
The Certificate in POSH has been designed to fulfil an employee’s training requirement for sexual harassment education, The certification course focuses on building awareness of the various forms of sexual harassment, how these behaviours can be perceived as unwelcome and unlawful behaviour, and what employees can do to prevent sexually suggestive behaviour in the workplace.
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) is suitable for supervisors, managers, executives and senior management should undergo the awareness course, to identify, respond, report and prevent sexual harassment practice at a workplace.
- Name of the Exam: Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment)
- Exam Code: VS-1441
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50, Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Exam Centers: Online Exam*
Benefits of Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) Certification
- Government certification
- Certification valid for life
- Lifelong e-learning access
- Free Practice Tests
- Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com
- Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com
Course Outline for Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) Certification
The Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) covers the following topics –
- What is Sexual Harassment
- Evolving Phenomenon of Sexual Harassment and it’s Forms
- Types of Harassers
- Causes of Sexual Harassment
- Impact of Sexual Harassment
- Principles for Sexual Harassment Determination
- Vishaka Guidelines and the Law
- The Constitution of India
- The Indian Penal Code
- The Indian Evidence Act
- The Contract Law
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013
- Act Enactment and Functioning
- Features of the Act
- Basics of the Act
- Definitions and Terminologies
- Preventive Measures of Sexual Harassment
- Forms of Workplace Sexual Harassment
- Criticism of the Act
- Strategies for Prevention
- Who is responsible for prevention?
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Local Complaints Committee(LCC)
- Duties of the Employer
- Duties and Powers of District Officer
- Other Responsibilities
- Penalty for Non-compliance of the Act
- Complaint Mechanism Legal Provisions
- Complaints Registration Process
- Responsibilities for Complaint Redressal
- Inquiry Process
- Monitoring Sexual Harassment
- Steps to Prevent Sexual Harassment
- Annual Report Filing
- Submission of Reports
- Main Elements of the Policy
- Legal Requirements
- Policy Formation
- Policy Drafting Guidelines
- Policy Checklist
- Policy Implementation Steps
- Policy Implementation Challenges
- Publicizing the Policy
- Policy Adherence
- Auditing Anti-sexual harassment policy
- Upgrading Anti-Harassment Policy
- Communicating Right Policy
- Implementing a Sensitization Program
- Conducting Workshops
- Best Practices
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certificate in POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment)
Now that you have decided and wish to prepare well for the exam it is equally important to get all the learning resources together and chart out a timetable to prepare for the POSH Exam. Indeed the exam is suitable for improving the learning curve and look for better opportunities. We shall now discuss some of the most important resources to help you prepare well for the exam.
First and foremost you must be able to get all the details about the exam, its course coverage and objectives. The exam has been built to cover all the professional aspects to work effectively in an organization. The Certificate in POSH covers the following topics –
- Introduction to Sexual Harassment
- Legal Framework in India
- PoSH Act 2013 Introduction
- Prevention and Prohibition in PoSH Act 2013
- Redressal of Sexual Harassment in PoSH Act 2013
- Process of Monitoring PoSH Act 2013
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy
- Communication and Training of Employees
Learning Resource 2 – Online LMS
Vskills Certificate in POSH offers candidates to prepare themselves with the online learning material for a lifetime which is updated on regular basis. The e-learning bundled with hard copy material helps to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Sample Reference: Vskills Certificate in POSH Sample Chapter
Learning Resource 3 – Books are your best friend!
Apart from the available learning resources, there are other sources which you may wish to explore for superior understanding and more insight. Indeed there are a lot of books available some of which includes –
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace: A Guide to The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 Paperback
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 Paperback – by Lawmann’s (Author)
- Law of Sexual Harassment at Workplace: Practice & Procedure Paperback – by Amish Tandon (Author)
Learning Resource 4 – Practice Test
Once you have gone through the course outline and prepared well for Vskills Certificate in POSH its time to evaluate your learning. No matter how well you have prepared it is always important to go through some practice test and cross-check your learning path. These practice tests are very helpful in evaluating your learning and identify your areas of weakness. Start Practicing for Vskills Certificate in POSH Now!
Job Interview Questions
Prepare for your next job interview with Vskills new editions of interview questions, the questions are designed by experts to help you to overcome the job interview obstacle.