1. Which of the following departments should have the responsibility for authorizing payroll rate changes?
2. Which of the following control procedures may prevent the failure to bill customers for some shipments?
A. Each shipment should be supported by a prenumbered sales invoice that is accounted for.
B. Each sales order should be approved by authorized personnel.
C. Sales journal entries should be reconciled to daily sales summaries.
D. Each sales invoice should be supported by a shipping document.
3. To achieve good internal accounting control, which department should perform the activities of matching shipping documents with sales orders and preparing daily sales summaries?
D. Sales Order
4. Shipping documents should be compared with sales records or invoices to
A. Determine whether payments are properly applied to customer accounts.
B. Assure that shipments are billed to customers
C. Determine whether unit prices billed are in accordance with sales contracts
D. Ascertain whether all sales are supported by shipping documents.
5. Proper internal control over the cash payroll function would mandate which of the following?
A. The payroll clerk should fill the envelopes with cash and a computation of the net wages.
B. Unclaimed pay envelopes should be retained by the paymaster.
C. Each employee should be asked to sign a receipt.
D. A separate checking account for payroll should be maintained.
Answers: 1 (A), 2 (A), 3 (A), 4 (B), 5 (C)
More Practice Test at:
Apply for Certification