In order to achieve the above objectives, Human Resource Management undertakes the following activities
- Human resource or manpower planning.
- Recruitment, selection and placement of personnel.
- Training and development of employees.
- Appraisal of performance of employees.
- Taking corrective steps such as transfer from one job to another.
- Remuneration of employees.
- Social security and welfare of employees.
- Setting general and specific management policy for organizational relationship.
- Collective bargaining, contract negotiation and grievance handling.
- Staffing the organization.
- Aiding in the self-development of employees at all levels.
- Developing and maintaining motivation for workers by providing incentives.
- Reviewing and auditing manpower management in the organization
- Potential Appraisal. Feedback Counselling.
- Role Analysis for job occupants.
- Job Rotation.
- Quality Circle, Organization development and Quality of Working Life.
Read More at www.expertscolumn.com