1. What is to be used when faced with the decision of how to arrange furniture in a room?
A. Mathematical model
B. Mental model
C. Physical model
D. Visual model
2. What does the VLOOKUP function of MS-Excel do?
A. Looks up text that contain ‘v’
B. Checks whether text is the same in one cell as in the next
C. Finds related records
D. All of these.
3. What can be deduced if the probability of an event is -.7?
A. The event is probably going to happen.
B. The event is probably not going to happen.
C. The probability of it not happening is .3.
D. I made a mistake.
4. What is the output of following Python statement? army[(army['deaths'] > 500) | (army['deaths'] < 50)]
A. Select rows with deaths less than 500 or greater than 50
B. Select rows with deaths greater than 500 or less than 50
C. Select rows with deaths greater than 500 and less than 50
D. None of these
5. What is the example when, the main parameter of interest is a population proportion ?
A. A binomial experiment
B. A normal experiment
C. A randomized experiment
D. An observational study
Answers: 1 (D), 2 (C), 3 (D), 4 (B), 5 (A)