Installing selenium grid
Here are detailed, step by step instructions, on how to install Selenium Grid
Step 1: Verify That JDK 1.5 is Installed
The appropriate JDK should be installed, and should be available out-of-the-box. You can double-check this by openning a terminal window and running the following command
The command output should indicate that a 1.5 version of the JDK is available. If not, install it in your machine.
Step 2: Install Ant 1.7
Check that you have the right Ant version (1.7) by running in a terminal:
If it does not returns the appropriate version then install Ant as given in Step 2A.
Step 2a: Installing Ant 1.7
- Download Ant version 1.7 from https://mirror.olnevhost.net/pub/apache/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.7.1-bin.zip
- Once it has been downloaded, unzip the file in a directory on your local system.
You then need to modify your
PATHso that your system picks up the right Ant launcher. Just go to a Terminal window and:
- Verify and update user path so that the freshly installed Ant version 1.7 is first in your path
Step 3: Installing Selenium Grid
Download the latest version of Selenium Grid from https://selenium-grid.seleniumhq.org/download.html
- Unzip the file into a directory. We will refer to the directory where Selenium Grid is installed as "Selenium Grid Home".
Verify the Selenium Grid install: from the terminal window go to the Selenium Grid home directory and run:
- If the build is successful, you are all set!
- Congratulations, it now time to put Selenium Grid to work