OUTGOING MAIL PROCEDURES
• Designate a specific place for outgoing mail.
• Designate a specific person to prepare outgoing mail. Designate and train a backup person.
• If mail is processed through a ma il room, all staff members should know when mail is picked
up or taken to the post office so that emergency trips can be avoided.
• Maintain client confidentiality for outgoing mail. Do not place it on the receptionist’s desk for
postal pick-up with client names exposed.
• If a postage meter is used, a specific person should be responsible for mainta ining postage on
• Record "return receipt" letters in a log for easy reference.