Daily Routine of an Office assistant
Usually the daily routine of an office assistant includes
- Coordinate and oversee public affairs equipment and giveaway items, including oversight of vendors.
- Maintain public affairs database.
- Oversee Business Reply Mail account.
- Coordinate printing, mailings and coordination of payments with vendors.
- Assist with preparation for meetings and events.
- Attend and staff meetings and events, as needed (evening and weekend work, sometimes necessary).
- Review media and provide staff with daily clips.
- Review materials for quality control and accuracy of information.
- Maintain appointment calendar, track and monitor master schedule.
- Sort and prioritize incoming mail, faxes and other forms of information.
- Deliver oral and written messages as needed.
- Maintain routine clerical records.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, fax, laptop, PDA’s.
- Photocopy, sort and file documents.
- Finish document processing by typing and applying labels, binding, etc.
- Mail, fax and distribute documents and other materials to internal and external parties.
- Provide assistance to receptionist in ordering supplies and switchboard duties.
- Miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.