Vskills certification for News Editor assesses the candidate as per the company’s need for news writing and editing. The certification tests the candidates on various areas in writing techniques, news sources, news selection, prioritization, structure, legality, objectivity, interview, documentaries, specialty writing, sports writing, internet and writing for TV or radio.
Why should one take this certification?
This Course is intended for professionals and graduates wanting to excel in their chosen areas. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression.
Earning Vskills News Writer Certification can help candidate differentiate in today's competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Job seekers looking to find employment in news writing or editing departments of various companies, students generally wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification.
News Editor Table of Contents
News Editor Tutorial
News Editor Sample Questions
News Editor Mock Test
News Editor Interview Questions
Apply for News Editor Certification
By Net banking / Credit Card/Debit Card
We accept Visa/Master/Amex cards and all Indian Banks Debit Cards. There is no need to fill application form in case you are paying online.
Please click buy now to proceed for online payments.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Definitions of News and Current Affairs
- Elements of News Values
- News Virtues
- Qualities of the News Writer
- General Rules for News Writing
- Elements of Good Writing
- Writing for your Audience/ Viewer
- Writing for your Announcer
- Types of Leads for Broadcast Stories
- Guidelines for Copy Preparation
- Putting Together a Newscast
- Sources for Broadcast News
- Finding and Using New s Sources
- Sources of News
Developing Story Line By Line
- Writing Broadcast Copy
- The Five W’s and H Rule
Selecting the News
- Types of News
- Public/Civic Journalism
- The Concept of Objectivity
- Details to Avoid
- VERBS - The Writing Coach
- Finding Stories
- Editorial Policy Conforming to the Newsroom of BBC
Editorial Values and Policies
- English Com position and Broadcast Writing
- Additional Readings
- Active Verbs
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Checklists for Public Affairs Reporting
- Why am I Interviewing?
- Whom Should I Interview?
- When Should I Conduct My Interviews?
- Where should I Conduct the Interview?
- What Questions should I Ask?
- How should I Conduct Interviews?
- Writing the Interview Story
Documentary and Feature Programmes
- Defining the Terms
- The Documentary
- The News Documentary
- The Feature
- Types of Feature Stories
- Environmental Reporting
- Business Reporting
- Consumer Reporting
- Investigative Reporting
- Wildlife Writing and Reporting
Science and Sports
- Developing a Medical Glossary
- Writing Science News
Disaster and Human Interest
- Reporting Courts and National Disasters
- Hazards of Human Interest
- News Releases
- Elements of A News Release
- Types of New s Releases
- The Journalist’s Perspective
- The No Problem
- Other Problems with New s Releases
- Checklist for Handling New s Releases
- New s Agencies Round the World
- The ‘Big Four’ as the Paramount New s Sources
- The Press Trust of India
- AP (Associated Press)
- Journalists and the Internet
- Internet Addresses or URLS
- Search Engines and Subject Directories
- Mailing Lists and Newsgroups
- Ethical Considerations
- Alternative Newsweeklies
- Newspaper Vs Radio and TV News
- New s agencies
- Other News Sources
- A New Concept in Media: Talking Newspapers
- Good Practice for Talking Newspapers
- Additional Material
- Concise details”
- News Judgment
- Recognizing and Evaluating A New s Story
- Fictional and Factual
- News is More Than Story
- Many Publics, Mostly Local
Writing for Television
- Writing for the Television Newscast
Writing for Radio
Pricing Together Video and Audio
- Avoiding Jump Cuts
- Television Script Formats