Advanced E-mail Links
By adding a couple extra goodies onto the email address in href you can have both the SUBJECT and the BODY of the email automatically populated for your visitors. This is great when receiving emails from a website to an email account that handles more mail than just from that one link on your site.
By defining a uniform subject that people will automatically have when clicking the link you will be able to tell right away whether or not an email came from the website or from another source (as long as your visitors don't mess with the subject that you give them).
- Subject - Populates the subject of the email with the information that you provide.
- Body - Populates the body of the email with the information that you provide.
2nd Email Example
Include Other Information
It's also possible to include even more information in a MAILTO link.
- CC: Stands for "carbon copy." Send a copy of the message to another email address.
- BCC: Stands for "blind carbon copy." Send a copy of the message to another email address without the other recipients knowing about it.
- Body: Include an opening statement in the body of the email message.
Here's how you add all this to a MAILTO link:
Each component is separated by the ampersand (&) sign. Only the first component after the initial email address has a question mark (?) preceding the ampersand.