- Understanding the different generations, need and benefits of grids
- Describing the different types of grids
- Explaining various technical terminologies used in grid computing
- Illustrating the various distributed computing models like internet computing, peer-to-peer, etc.
- Detailing the different grid architectures and middleware used in grid computing
- Explaining the concept of computing on demand, distributed hash table (DHT) and distributed resource management system (DRMS)
- Understanding the integration of grid in an enterprise
- Describing the concept and application of open grid services and web services resource framework (WSRF) in enterprise grid
- Explaining the impact of grids on economy and overview of GRACE research project
Service Oriented Architecture
- Illustrating the concepts of SOA
- Detailing the design considerations and development in SOA for the grid
- Describing the characteristics and architecture of web services
- Detailing the different WSDL and UDDI web Services protocols
- Understanding the concepts of grid services frameworks like WSRF and OGSI
Open Grid Services Architecture
- Explaining the OGSA model and the interfaces offered
- Illustrating the basic services offered by OGSA
- Understanding the basics of handles, references and notifications in OGSA
- Describing the relationship and usage of Globus toolkit with OGSA
- Detailing the various characteristics of peer-to-peer systems
- Illustrating the data location and routing algorithms used b napster, kazaa, etc.
- Explaining the different benefits and shortcomings of p2p systems
- Understanding the role, features and selection criteria of scheduler
- Describing the various scheduling algorithms and architecture used in grids
- Explaining the common schedulers like OpenPB, Maui, Condor-G used in grid computing environments
- Illustrating the various workflow management systems like Karajan, triana, etc.
- Detailing the different workflow specification languages used in grids like XLANG, GSFL, WSFL, etc.
- Understanding the concepts and architecture of open source globus toolkit (GT)
- Explaining the various hosting environments for GT deployment
- Describing the basics of security certificate like X.509 and PKI for implementing security in grid environment.
- Illustrating security implementation by Java certificate services and globus toolkit security libraries
- Detailing the various resource management models like AO, market, hierarchical, etc.
- Explaining the web services GRAM architecture for resource management in GT
- Illustrating the various network and memory management techniques
- Understanding file transfer using GridFTP and applying multiple protocols
Web Service Resource Framework
- Explaining the concepts of WSRF and interlinking with OSGI
- Describing the various normative specifications of WSRF
- Illustrating interlinking of GT4 and WSRF for stateful services
Message Passing Standards
- Detailing the various message passing protocols like MPI, MPI 2.0 and MPICH2
- Explaining the usage of grids as cluster and their applications
- Describing the concepts of high-availability, load balancing and high performing computing clusters