1. The role of a freight forwarder can include all of the following except
- A. pre-shipping counseling
- B. production of the shipping documents
- C. negotiation of payment terms
- D. handling of credit transactions between banks
2. The use of the most-favored-nation (MFN) principle [or normal trade relations (NTR)] is an attempt to attain __________ toward competing suppliers of imports to a country. Hence, the arrangement whereby developed countries permit duty-free entry on some goods coming from developing countries but levy tariffs on the same goods if coming from other developed countries is __________ the MFN [or NTR] principle.
- A. Discrimination; a departure from
- B. Discrimination; an example of
- C. Nondiscrimination; a departure from
- D. Nondiscrimination; an example of
3. Which is the apex body of various exporters and export promotion organizations in India?
- A. Trade fair authority of India
- B. Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India
- C. Federation of Indian Exporters Organization
- D. Director General of Commercial Intelligence and statistics
4. The term 'counter-trade' is used to illustrate the situation whereby which of the following economic exchanges occurs between countries?
- A. Direct exchange of goods for other goods instead of cash.
- B. Direct and indirect exchange of goods for other goods instead of cash.
- C. Contra-purchase.
- D. Indirect exchange of goods for other goods instead of cash
5. The endorsement of "Allowed to export under claim for excise rebate" on the ARE-1 form is made by the ________
- A. DGFT
- B. First Mate
- C. Deck Sergeant
- D. Range supritendent