Classification of Computers
Computers are classified as -
- MAINFRAME COMPUTER
There are many computers which are different from each other in various aspects. Classification of computers are given below.
(1) Micro computers: They use a microprocessor chip. These computers are also called personal computers. Two major types of these computers are laptop or Desktop computers. Only one user uses these computers at time that's why they are also known as personal computers. Laptop computers are mobile while desktop are not.
(2) Mini Computers: These are powerful computer. These computers come into existence in 1960s at that time mainframe computer was very costly.
(3) Mainframe Computer: It as a very powerful and large computer. It handles processing of many users at a time. Terminals connect a user to it and users submit there task through mainframe. Terminal users put inputs into the computer and get the output through screen.
(4) Super Computers: They are the most powerful computers used for computation itensive works like weather forecasting, nuclear bomb simulation, etc.
(5) Microprocessor: You will find these computers everywhere. Microprocessor chips are used in many devices as I-pod, DVD, headphone etc.