Your shopping cart is empty!
To use the FrontPage Server Extensions (fpse) 2000 or 2002 with ASP.NET on a NTFS file system can cause some problems. The problem occurs when you use the Check Server Health functionality. This feature modifies the Access Control Lists (ACL) on the files so that the ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp) user, ASPNET, no longer has access to the files.
The solution is a minor trick. In the FrontPage Server Extensions, add the named ASPNET as a user of the web site. Grant ASPNET "Browser" permission to the web site. Then re-check the server health, adjusting the file permissions. The FrontPage server extensions will then add read permission for ASPNET to each file on the site.
To install and enable FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions in Windows Server 2003
1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
4. In the Windows Components Wizard, double-click Application Server, double-click Internet Information Services, and then select the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions check box.
5. Click OK twice, click Next, and then click Finish.