It involves creating, deleting a slide and various other activities as
Create a New Slide
To create a new slide
- Choose the slide after which a new slide has to be inserted.
- Click on Insert menu > New Slide or click the New Slide button “New Slide” on the Standard toolbar. In all views except Outline View, the New Slide dialog box appears.
- Select a layout and then click OK, in the Choose an Auto Layout list.
Changing the layout of the slide
- Select the slide to be changed, in Slide View.
- Select Slide Layout from the Format menu.
Delete a Slide
For deleting a slide, perform the following steps
- Select the slide or slides to be deleted from the Slide Sorter View.
- From the Edit menu, select Delete Slide or press Delete key.
Rehearse a Slide Show
Rehearse New Timings can be used to set or change the timings.
Changing the Order of the Slides
It is done by
- Drag the slide icon to the new location, in Outline View.
- Drag the selected slide to the new location, in Slide Sorter View.
Editing the Slide Master
A change made to the slide master affects all the slides in the presentation. The Slide Master holds the layout and format settings.
Working of a Slide Show
The slide show can have a few more settings apart from the default ones in a slide show, the slides fill the screen and all the screen elements like menus and tools are hidden.
For setting up a Slide Show
- From the Slide Show menu, select Set up Show. A Set up Show dialog box appears as shown in the dialog box as under.
- Select all to show all slides in the presentation or select from and then enter a slide range.
- In the Show Type options, select as appropriate.
- Click OK.
For setting Slide Timings
Separate timings can be set for all the slides in the presentation. Slides are displayed for the length of time set for it.