L&D Evaluation Maturity Self-Assessment
L&D Evaluation Maturity Self-Assessment in an organization is a guide in the practice of learning and development evaluation. This helps in evaluating the maturity of the organization. There are seven levels it has got for evaluating the maturity of the learning and development of an organization.
The seven levels are:
- Evaluating decisions and planning – in this the decisions for the what activities, strategies, using evaluation data efficiently, etc. are made. This helps in the plan for a successful evaluation program.
- Relevance – this helps in assessing how well the learning and development interventions address the individual needs, the business needs and the capability needs within an organization. By using the measures – ensures learning meets the identified capability needs, clarifies the purpose of learning activities, the links to the business goals. Also, the potential of the outcomes intended for its contribution to the needs or goals of an organization.
- Appropriateness – this measures the degree of allocation of resources to learning and development, is even appropriate in identifying the needs and priorities. It identifies the extent of L&D’s integration with the other strategies of HR and business practices. Describes the scope or every intervention and the desired benefits.
- Reaction – this measures the immediate reaction of the participants’ and the providers’ reaction to learning and development’s reaction. Also, the reaction of the program manager and uses data for making improvements.
- The capacity required – this evaluates the success of L&D’s activities. By measuring the capability, attitude, competency skills and the knowledge whether being acquired by the individual.
- Performance on the job – this assesses the performance of the individual by identifying the strength for transferring the application. Also the transferring of learning into skills and apply at the workplace.
- Outcomes – this assesses the achieved outcomes at the organizational and group levels. Although, it can be negative, positive, and even ambiguous at times.
For certification in L&D visit –