Learning and Development (L&D) Manager is responsible for helping employees to advance their skills and to possess excellent communication skills. They create and deliver bespoke training programmes that are designed with leadership, management, business and personal progression and best practice in mind. Further, they assist in the organisation’s success, by coaching and developing its people.
Learning and development manager responsibilities
- L&D manager creating training programs that are aligned with the organization’s objectives.
- They work closely with various leaders across the organization with having a good understanding of their units and training requirements.
- They use different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions, or coaching. By having an awareness of the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training.
- Learning and development managers build relationships with 3rd party training providers as well as manage the development of the HR team from a training perspective.
Career in Learning and Development
In recent years, the demand for learning and development staff has grown in order to expand employees’ knowledge levels across a variety of sectors, and it has quickly proven to be a lucrative career opportunity. Let us look at Career in Learning and Development.
About Vskills Certificate in Learning and Development
Vskills certificate for Learning and Development is designed for L&D Managers who want to create and execute learning strategies and programs. Further, they can implement these strategies various learning methods and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other training.
Learning and Development Manager Certification
The Learning and Development Manager course is designed for professionals, L&D managers who want to excel in their chosen areas. The role of the Learning and Development manager is best suitable for candidates with good communication skills and who wants to assist people with their learning and development. They must have a proven certificate and experience in management and the same field.
However, earning Vskills Learning and Development Manager Certification can help candidates to get good positions in today’s competitive job market as well as increase their employment opportunities by showing their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
Is this good for a good career?
The answer is yes. That is to say, job seekers who are looking to find employment can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification. This certification will help the candidates to get understanding and knowledge in the areas such as Training, Learning and Development, Coaching and Mentoring departments of various companies, and candidates who wants to improve their CV.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1455
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
Vskills Certification Benefits
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provide after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
Course Outline for Certified Learning and Development (L&D) Manager
Certified Learning and Development (L&D) Manager covers the following topics –
- What is learning?
- What is Training?
- Learning vs Training
- Development and Education
- Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Concept of Learning and Development
- Purposes and Practice of L&D
- Theory and Relevance in L&D
- Value to the Organisation
- Essentials of L&D
- Learning Culture
- Alignment of L&D with Business Strategy
- Challenges in Learning and Development
- What do you understand by learning?
- Types of Learning Styles
- The Three Representational Modes (TRiM)
- Self, Met cognition, Cognition, Knowledge (SMCK)
- Adult Learning
- Principles of Training
- Learner Types
- Changes in Technology
- Learning Advantage
- Building a Learning Organization
- Developing a Learning Plan
- Creating a Competency Model
- Assessing Results of Learning Plan
- Managing Organizations learning operations
- The Kirkpatrick Model
- CIRO Model
- Kaufman’s Five Levels of Evaluation
- Anderson’s Model for Learning Evaluation
- Brinkerhoff’s Success Case Method
- Importance of Evaluating L&D Activities
- Purpose of Evaluation
- APS Model for Evaluating L&D
- L &D Evaluation Maturity Self-Assessment
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Return on Expectation
- Role of Line Managers in Effective Evaluation
- Impact of the Trainer/Facilitator
- Challenges in Process of Evaluation
- Maximizing the Effectiveness of the Evaluation Process
- Learning Transfer
- What is Leadership
- Leadership Style
- Leadership Development Plan
- Leadership Development within Organizations
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified Learning and Development (L&D) Manager
While preparing for the exam, one thing that is essential is to get all the required exam study resources. In the Learning and Development Manager exam preparation guide, we will discuss some of the most important resources to help you prepare well for the exam.
Study Resource: Exam Objectives
For every examination, the first task should be to get all the exam related details including the important contents and its topic. This will help candidates to easily start preparing for the exam and to understand things more accurately. For the Certified Learning and Development Manager Exam the topics include:
- Introduction to Learning and Development
- Value of Learning and Development
- Learning and Learning Styles
- Learning Organization
- Learning Technologies
- Models of Evaluation
- Evaluation of Learning and Development
- Effective Evaluation
- Leadership Development
Study Resource: Books for Reference
Reference Books can provide an advantage to learn and understand things more accurately. For the Certified Learning and Development Manager exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Learning and Development (HR Fundamentals) by Rebecca Page-Tickell
- Elevating Learning & Development (paperback) Paperback – by Nick Van Dam (Author)
Study Resource: Vskills Online LMS
Vskills Certified Certified Learning and Development (L&D) Manager provides candidates access to prepare for the exam using the online learning material for a lifetime. The online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Study Resource: Practice Test
After understanding and learning about the Learning and Development Manager exam topics, it is time for practice tests. That is to say, practice tests are important for better preparation as by assessing yourself with these tests you will know about your weak and strong areas. Moreover, you improve your answering skills for getting better results. So, make sure to find the best practice sources.
Job Interview Questions
Preparing for a role in Learning and Development dept, then you must checkout these interview questions to prepare for the upcoming interview, these can prove handy in clearing the job interview, checkout for free !