Cyber security analysts are responsible for planning and carrying out security measures for protecting a company’s computer networks and systems. They keep eyes on threats and then monitor their organization’s networks for any breaches in security. Moreover, they also plan for trouble, creating contingency plans that the company will implement in case of a successful attack.
Cyber Security Analyst Responsibilities
- Cybersecurity analysts are responsible for checking updates for the latest security and technology developments.
- They plan for disaster recovery and further create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches.
- They also monitor for attacks, intrusions, and unusual, unauthorized, or illegal activity as well as test and evaluate security products.
- Cybersecurity analysts also design new security systems or upgrade existing ones. Moreover, they use advanced analytic tools for determining emerging threat patterns.
- Next, they identify potential weaknesses and implement measures that include firewalls and encryption.
- They also monitor identity and access management as well as monitor for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
- Lastly, they maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security. And also monitor and respond to ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity.
Vskills Certified Cyber Security Analyst: Overview
Vskills Cybersecurity Certification covers the fundamental concepts of cybersecurity as well as helps candidates to learn the fundamentals of cybersecurity and forensics. Further, this will cover various areas in cybercrime, IT Act 2000, cyber offenses, wireless devices cybercrime, phishing, keyloggers, backdoors, SQL injection, DDoS attacks, identity theft, computer, and wireless forensics, cyberterrorism, social media marketing, incident handling, and privacy. However, Cyber Security Analysts are in great demand. That is to say, companies specializing in IT or cybersecurity are constantly hiring skilled Cyber Security Analysts.
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
Course Outline for Certified Cyber Security Analyst
Certified Cyber Security Analyst covers the following topics –
- Wireless LAN Basics
- Web Basics
- Information Security Principles
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Electronic Signature
- Access Management
- User Access Management
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Crimes
- Cyber Criminals Types
- Cyber Crime Motives
- Psychological Profiling
- Sociology of Cyber Criminals
- Social Engineering
- Cyber Stalking
- Attack Vector
- Identity Theft (ID Theft)
- Cyber Terrorism
- Proxy Servers and Anonymizers
- Password Cracking
- Keyloggers and Spywares
- Trojan Horse
- DoS and DDoS Attacks
- SQL Injection
- Buffer Overflow
- Reverse Engineering
- Vulnerability Research
- Network Attacks
- WLAN Hacking
- Web Server Attacks
- VoIP Hacking & Countermeasures
- SMS Forging
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- System Backup
- Security Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Security Testing Tools
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Vulnerability Assessment (VA)
- Secure Coding
- Incident Management
- Risk Management
- Forensic Activities
- Forensic Technologies
- Chain of Custody Concept
- Digital Forensics Life Cycle
- Digital Forensics Tools
- Forensics Analysis of E-Mail
- Network Forensics
- Computer Forensics and Steganography
- Forensics and Social Media
- Mobile Forensics
- Computer Forensic Lab
- Computer Forensic Team
- Cyber Crime Investigation Basics
- Pre-Investigation Technical Assessment
- Detection and Containment
- Digital Evidence Collection
- Evidence Preservation
- Evidentiary Reporting
- Investigating Phishing Cases
- Investigating Cyber Pornography Crimes
- Investigating Credit Card Fraud Cases
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified Cyber Security Analyst
For every exam, it is important that candidates should have all the necessary resources to start preparing with. Doing this will not only help in understanding but it will also help them to follow a sequential manner for completing the syllabus. Further, this will provide an advantage to better understand the concepts. However, In the Certified Cyber Security Analyst exam preparation guide, we will discuss some of the most important resources to help you prepare well for the exam.
Study Resource: Exam Objectives
For every examination, the first task should be to get all the exam related details including the important contents and its topic. This will help candidates to easily start preparing for the exam and to understand things more accurately. For the Certified Cyber Security Analyst exam the topics include:
- Cyber Technology
- Cyber Ethics
- Cyber Crimes
- Cyber Crime Techniques
- Prevention and Protection
- Cyber Forensics
- Cyber Crime Investigation
- Cyber Law
Study Resource: Vskills E-Learning
Vskills Certified Cyber Security Analyst provides candidates access to prepare for the exam using the online learning material for a lifetime. The online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning comes with hard copy material that helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for getting better opportunities.
Study Resource: Books for Reference
Reference Books can provide an advantage to learn and understand things more accurately. For the Certified Cyber Security Analyst exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Cybersecurity Analytics Book by David J. Marchette and Rakesh M. Verma
- Cyber Security by Nina Godbole (Author), Sunit Belapure (Author)
Study Resource: Practice Test
After completing the topics for the Certified Cyber Security Analyst exam, candidates should start assessing using practice tests. Using practice tests will help them for better preparation. By assessing yourself with these tests candidates will know about their weak and strong areas. Moreover, you improve your answering skills for getting better results.