Building a Learning Organization
The biggest place of learning for anyone in the workplace. When you work you actually grow mentally. Building a learning organization it takes the mutual efforts of the employees’ and the employers’. There is no improvement or growth without learning. The continuous improvement requires a strong commitment to learning. The managing executive of the organizations needs to be active enough to engage all the employees in the learning programme.
Here are a few points to create a learning environment in the workplace.
- Create a learning culture at a workplace. By aligning all the employees current and old as it’s not just business of HR department.
- Engage people ion learning by doing. This helps them learn more and retain it in their memory for longer.
- Encourage them to implement their knowledge to generate more meaningful business results.
- The use of technology accelerates the learning. Make sure to use the best available links for better productivity like Wikipedia.
- The evaluation process is a must. When learning becomes the culture of an organization, there must be an evaluation of the learned skills regularly.
- Don’t consider learning as just a tool. Learning is to impart the knowledge. Also, about sharing the mistakes, telling stories, and keeps on improving constantly.
- Try to involve more people in important change initiatives. Also, make sure they learn to work with new people and learn to manage changes simultaneously.
- Promote the learners to generate new ideas. Therefore open up to new and different viewpoints.
- Allow people to make mistakes. This way they will learn more and new things without fearing to pay for their mistakes.
- Expose the team to diverse learning resources like – books, social media, online learning videos, etc.
- Don’t measure the learning, as learning can only be viewed in the form of results.
For certification in the L&D visit –