Web design tools
Web design tools consist of various software used for development of various web related content of HTML files, CSS files, graphics, multi-media content etc.
The website development software is used to create, edit, and update web pages and websites. They have graphical user interface that displays the desired results, typically in a WYSIWYG manner. Few web design tools are Adobe Dreamweaver, WebDev, and Microsoft Expression Studio which are commercial programs, and Amaya which is open source.
Tools related to web site development are specific to databases and server and client-side tools used as
Client side coding
- Flash Adobe Flash Player is a ubiquitous browser plug-in ready for RIAs. Flex 2 is also deployed to the Flash Player (version 9+).
- Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft’s browser plug-in that enables animation, vector graphics and high-definition video playback, programmed using XAML and .NET programming languages.
- HTML5 and CSS3 Latest HTML proposed standard combined with the latest proposed standard for CSS natively supports much of the client-side functionality provided by other frameworks such as Flash and Silverlight
Server side coding
- ASP (Microsoft proprietary)
- Java, e.g. Java EE or WebObjects
- PHP (open source)
- Python, e.g. Django (web framework) (open source)
- .NET and .NET MVC Frameworks (Microsoft proprietary)
- Microsoft SQL Server
Other tools used include tools for
- Graphic design tools like CorelDRAW
- Web usability tools
- Website accessibility tools
- Search engine optimization tools