Let us discuss the Significance of Job Analysis in HR.
- Manpower Planning: It helps in forecasting manpower requirements based on the knowledge and skills and quality of manpower needed in organization.
- Recruitment: A carefully designed job analysis provides information as to what sources of recruitment are to be used to hire employees. For example, job analysis in retail stores about merchandise sorters tells that village-level schools are potential source of recruitment.
- Selection: Selection of the right candidate to the right job can only be done with the help of job analysis. In the case of retail stores, a billing assistant can be selected with the knowledge of accounting, cash, and computer operations. This is possible with the help of job analysis.
- Training and Career Development: It provides valuable information to develop training programs. It provides information about what skills are to be trained. It also provides information about various techniques to be used in the career development of employees.
- Placement and socialization: After people are selected and trained, they must be placed in suitable jobs. It provides information about the suitability of jobs. A clear job analysis guides the process to socialize the employees to develop sound relationships with all those persons.
- Compensation: It provides information as to how much compensation and other financial and non-financial benefits to be associated with each job.
- Employee Safety and Welfare: It details information on working conditions. Thus, management tries to provide safety and welfare measures that are outlined in job analysis.
- Performance Appraisal: Performance of employees is appraised based on standard criteria provided in it.
- Counseling: A good job analysis provides information to the superiors about the jobs. They use this information to guide and counsel employees about their career options, performance, training requirements and skill up-gradation.
- Strategic Planning: It enables human resource managers to develop a long-range strategic plan in all concerned areas of human resources.
Become Vskills Certified Human Resource Manager. Learn the module “Significance of Job Analysis”. Try the free practice test!