Selenium refers to an automated testing framework which is used for validating web applications across different browsers and platforms. Multiple programming languages can be used for creating Selenium Test Scripts. Some of the tools in Selenium Automation include Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Selenium Remote Control (RC), WebDriver, etc. Getting knowledge in Selenium Automation can help candidates to become Certified Selenium Professional.
Responsibility of a Selenium Professional
- Certified Selenium Professional is responsible for developing, maintaining and executing automated test scripts using Selenium.
- They perform tasks like enhancing existing automation framework developed in Selenium, integrating Selenium scripts with Jenkins CloudBee and maintaining traceability of test Cases to automation test scripts.
- They also develop automation test strategy and approach as well as manage automation activities.
- Selenium Professionals maintains well organized records of test results and further, generate historical analysis of test results.
- They understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
Selenium Career Opportunities
Planning to start a career in selenium requires effort and the right career path. Let us look at some of Selenium career opportunities awaiting your way.
Vskills Certified Selenium Professional: Overview
Selenium is considered an well known open source & automation testing tool for web applications. This is capable of working with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera and can also simulate a human-like behavior. Moreover, it has the ability to interact with different components of a web page.
In today’s job world, testing is considered as one of the most important and rewarding skills for getting good jobs and Automated Testing is above that. In this Selenium Training Course, candidates will learn all the necessary skills to become a successful automation tester. However, Selenium Professionals are in demand as many top Companies specializing in websites and web-based application testing are constantly hiring knowledgeable professionals.
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1083
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
Course Outline for Certified Selenium Professional
Certified Selenium Professional covers the following topics –
- Testing Automation tools
- Selenium Evolution
- Introducing Selenium
- Selenium’s Tool Suite
- Supported Browsers and Platforms
- Selenium IDE Introduction & Installation
- IDE Interface & Features
- Building Test Cases
- Running Test Cases
- Selenium Commands – “Selenese”
- Test Suits & Commonly Used Selenium Commands
- Concepts and need
- Install and Configure RC server
- From Selenese to a Program
- RC based tests development and conversion
- Setting up WebDriver using java
- Configuring Selenium-WebDriver using C#, Python & Ruby
- WebDriver API Commands and Operations
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified Selenium Professional
Candidates preparing for the exam should understand the importance of exam resources. As during the exam preparation, it is essential to get all the required exam study resources. This will provide an advantage to understand the concepts and meaning more accurately. In the Certified Selenium Professional preparation guide, we will discuss some of the most important resources to help you prepare well for the exam.
Study Resource: Exam Objectives
For every examination, the first task should be to get all the exam related details including the important contents and its topic. This will help candidates to easily start preparing for the exam and to understand things more accurately. For Certified Selenium Professional exam the topics include:
- Software Testing Introduction
- Web Development Basics
- Selenium Introduction
- Selenium WebDriver
- Advanced WebDriver
- Test Design Considerations
- Integrations with Selenium
Study Resource: Vskills Online LMS
Vskills Certified Selenium Professional provides candidates access to prepare for the exam using the online learning material for a lifetime. The online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Study Resource: Books for Reference
Reference Books can provide an advantage to learn and understand things more accurately. For the Certified Selenium Professional exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver with Java by Mr. Navneesh Garg
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Test Automation using Selenium by ASHISH MISHRA, ADITYA GARG
Study Resource: Practice Test
After understanding and learning about the Certified Selenium Professional exam topics, it is time for practice tests. That is to say, practice tests are important for better preparation as by assessing yourself with these tests you will know about your weak and strong areas. Moreover, you improve your answering skills for getting better results. So, make sure to find the best practice sources.
Top 50 Selenium Interview Questions
Get ready to crack you interview whether you are a fresher or looking to upgrade your career. These interview questions are solely designed to serve the purpose to enrich you with knowledge. We have curated expert questions to help both beginners and professionals that will help them to advance their career and gain knowledge to face any typical interview.