Network Security Tutorials | Vskills
A network Security profession is an upcoming profession. As a Network Security professional you will be working on checking, preventing, and monitoring unapproved access to computer networks. Moreover, you will be protecting, overseeing network operations. To add on, you will be required to develop skills and knowledge to detect intrusion & how to defend from cyber attacks.
Network Security: Roles and Responsibilities
There are various roles and responsibilities when you work as a Network Security professional. They will be working on the roots of principles and concepts of networking, security, firewall & security management. Moreover, you will be overboard with responsibilities but the main job will be to protect online data from being compromised. Also, companies specializing in securing and implementation computer networks are constantly hiring knowledgeable professionals. Various public and private companies also need network security professionals for securing and managing their computer networks.
Vskills Network Security
With the Vskills Network Security Certification, you will develop all the skills and knowledge required. It enhances the candidate’s thinking and analytic ability. To add on, you will be able to identify the problem and finding a solution quickly. Moreover, you will develop the ability to install and manage the day-to-day configuration, and monitor cyber-attacks.
Benefits of the Certification
- Being a Network Security Professional you will be required to safeguard an organization’s files and network, install firewalls, create security plans, and monitor activity.
- With the Vskills Network Security Certification, you will able to acquire the skills and knowledge to find employment in good companies. Also, you can work with the top companies such as IBM India Services, Cisco India, Capgemini, Accenture, TCS, and HCL Technologies.
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module
- It is an online examination
- Basics of Communication Systems
- LAN, MAN and WAN
- Transmission Media, OSI and TCP/IP stack
- Internet Protocol
- Transport Layer
- TCP/IP Applications
- Security principles
- Identification and authentication
- Attack types
- Social Engineering
- Physical Security
Security Planning and Policy
- Security Planning
- Security Policies and Guidelines
- Security Models
- Trust Models
- Access Controls
- Evolution and Data Encryption Methods
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Key Cryptography
- Private and Public Key Exchange
- Secret Key Cryptography
- Message Authentication and Hash functions
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Electronic Signature
- Smart Card
- Access Token
Router Hardening and ACL
- Routing Process and Router Security
- Create and Implement Access Control Lists (ACL)
- Remove Unwanted Services and Router Logging
- IDS Concepts and Types
- Signature Detection and Log Analysis
- Concept, Components and Types
- Firewall Policy and Rule Sets
- Proxy Server, Bastion Host, DMZ and Honeypot
- Forefront TMG 2010 Server and iptables
- WAP and AP security
- Wireless PKI
- Wireless Security Solutions and Auditing
- Desktop Security
- Email Security
- Web Security
- VPN Types and Architecture
- OS Vulnerabilities, updates and patches
- OS Integrity Checks
- OS Hardening (Linux and Windows)
- Trusted OS
- Network Management and SNMP
- Incident Response
- BCP and DR
Regulations and Compliance
- Law and policies
- IT Act, IPC and Copyright act
- Email policy
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Application Attacks
- Cloud Computing and Security
- Identity Access Management
Preparatory Guide for Certified Network Security Professional
It is important to follow a proper exam guide and structure when comes to preparing for an examination. Therefore, for the Vskills Certified Network Security Professional, In conclusion, we have curated a preparation guide to ease your preparation. Let’s get started:
Study Resource: Exam Objectives
Before preparing for any examination, it is important to know the exam related details and topics. This will help candidates to easily start preparing for the exam. Also, for the Vskills Certified Network Security Professional, the exam topics to refer to are:
- Concepts of Networking & Security
- Cryptography Firewall
- Hardware Security
- Web & Wireless Security
- OS & System Security
- Security Management
Study Resource: Vskills E-Learning
For the Vskills Certified Network Security examination, our team has provided online study material. Also, this online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Study Resource: Reference Books
Books are man’s best friend. It is important to prepare for the right books. To ease out your hunt for books we have provided a list of books which you can refer to:
- Hacking Exposed 7: Network Security Secrets and Solutions by Stuart McClure, Joe Scambray, and George Kurtz
- Information Assurance Handbook: Effective Computer Security and Risk Management Strategies – Corey Schou, Steven Henand
- Applied Network Security Monitoring: Collection, Detection, and Analysis – Chris Sanders and Jason Smith
Study Resource: Practice Test
After studying for the examination, it is important to practice sample papers. Practicing sample test will help you analyze your weak areas and strengths. Moreover, you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. So, make sure to find the best practice sources.
Job Interview Questions
Prepare for your upcoming job interview with Vskills latest online interview questions, these questions will help beginners and professionals. Checkout now !