The iPhone SDK has an iPhone simulator that is, effectively, a fully functioning, pixel-perfect iPhone on your Mac. But because it’s an app on your Mac, it is also just another browser on your system. So treating it as such in Dreamweaver is a snap.
First, download and install the free iPhone SDK from Apple’s iPhone Development Center. Since you are not releasing apps through the App Store, you do not need to pay to be a part of the Application Developer Program. You just need a free developer account on Apple’s site.
Once you download and install the SDK, open up Dreamweaver.
- Go File > Preferences > Preview in Browser
- Click the “plus” button to add a new browser to your list
- Navigate to /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/
- Select the iPhone Simulator.app
- Click Ok, and then close out your preferences
- Now the iPhone Simulator is in your list of browsers