Fundamentals of HRM System
A Human Resources Management System (HRMS) is a software application that combines many human resources functions, including benefits administration, payroll, recruiting and training, and performance analysis and review into one package.
The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is a software or online solution for the data entry, data tracking, and data information needs of the Human Resources, payroll, management, and accounting functions within a business.
Typically, the better The Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) provide overall:
- Management of all employee information.
- Reporting and analysis of employee information.
- Company-related documents such as employee handbooks, emergency evacuation procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Benefits administration including enrollment, status changes, and personal information updating.
- Complete integration with payroll and other company financial software and accounting systems.
- Applicant tracking and resume management.
- The HRIS that most effectively serves companies tracks:
- attendance and PTO use,
- pay raises and history,
- pay grades and positions held,
- performance development plans,
- training received,
- disciplinary action received,
- personal employee information, and occasionally,
- management and key employee succession plans,
- high potential employee identification, and
- Applicant tracking, interviewing, and selection.
An effective HRIS provides information on just about anything the company needs to track and analyze about employees, former employees, and applicants..
With an appropriate HRIS, Human Resource staff enables employees to do their own benefits updates and address changes, thus freeing HR staff for more strategic functions. Additionally, data necessary for employee management, knowledge development, career growth and development, and equal treatment is facilitated. Finally, managers can access the information they need to legally, ethically, and effectively support the success of their reporting employees.