The Certified DevOps Testing professional certification is designed to explain the requirement of continuous testing in a DevOps environment. It is one of the important elements when it comes to software development and consists of continuous development, integration, and deployment. If you aspire to function the DevOps tool in an expert way this certification will lead you to your way, and will also provide training on how to use Ansible, Kubernetes, and google cloud platform.
Why become an DevOps Testing Professional?
This certification is for IT graduates and employees who are seeking good employment opportunities as professional programmers. It will nurture you in the IT environment and will also teach you how to implement DevOps Culture in the professional environment. We live in a very competitive world, it is necessary to compete as well in order to get the best opportunity, hence this certification will open employment opportunities for you, as in various organizations they need a good DevOps professional.
Who should take this certification?
Job seekers who are looking for employment opportunities in the IT sector, this course is for them. There is a huge demand by private and public companies for such professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Certified DevOps Testing Professional
You have to prepare for all daunting tasks that you may come across after the certification, so there are a list of roles and responsibilities that a CertifiedDevOps Testing Professional undertakes.
- A DevOps professional must have complete knowledge regarding concepts such as server-less computing such as version control, testing, integration, and deployment methods.
- To have good complex solving skills, must have the ability to think out of the box, and should always be curious.
- To handle the IT infrastructure according to the business requirements of the code which can be deployed in a hybrid multi-tenant environment which needs constant monitoring of the performance
- To be sure of and aware of development tools that write the new code or enhance the existing code.
- To coordinate with the team to manage the challenges coming in the coding or scripting part which includes libraries and software development kits to run the software on various OS and for deployment.
- To handle that’s designed and deployed across challenging applications.
Benefits of taking Vskills Certification
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and Shine.com
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1586
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%)
- Exam Mode: Online
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Functional vs. Non-Functional testing
- Defects and Failures
- Finding Faults Early
- Input Combinations and Preconditions
- Static vs. Dynamic Testing
- Software Verification and Validation
- The Software Testing Team
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
- Testing Methods – The box approach
- What Is Devops?
- Excel at Devops
- New Devops Roles
- Traditional and Modern Release Management
- Devops and Microservices
- CI Basics
- Software Development Methodology
- Testing Types
- CI Servers
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Monitoring
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Deployment
- What is DevOps Testing
- Continuous Processes and DevOps Testing
- DevOps Testing Lifecycle
- DevOps Delivery Pipeline
- DevOps Testing Guidelines
- DevOps Testing Types
- DevOps Testing Metrics
- Test Design
- DevOps Testing Challenges
- DevOps Testing Requirements Gathering
- DevOps Testing Requirement Gathering Process
- Implementing DevOps Testing
- DevOps Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Testing Artifacts
- DevOps Testing and Defects
Preparation Guide for Certified DevOps Testing Professional Exam
In other words we call it a Study guide, it is the most important step to be taken before an examination, which is to make a preparation Guide. This preparation guide will make things easier for you, as it plans all the things before, all you have to do is implement the things mentioned in the guide. Also, there are all important resources mentioned in it which you need for the examination.
Step 1 – Review Exam Objectives
Before beginning any preparation, know what you are about to learn. It is very helpful during the learning process as you already know what all things you will be learning. Given below are the exam objectives of this certification.
In module 1.
- What is DevOps?
- Traditional and Modern Release Management
- DevOps and Microservices
- Continuous integration
- Infrastructure AS Code
- Server Provisioning using Ansible
In module 2
- Introduction to DevOps and its Life cycle
- Explore GIT
- Vagrant and Docker
- Configuration and management
- Monitoring solutions in DevOps
- DevOps best practice and security
Refer: Certified DevOps Testing Professional Brochure
Step 2 – Learning with Books
The next resource In our preparation guide is Books. Books have most of the matter in them. It gives you all the required knowledge that you need about a topic. So always before referring to any method first, always give the book the first preference as they are the most reliable source of knowledge. The mentioned below are 3 books which you can refer for this certification.
- AWS Automation Cookbook written by Nikit Swaraj. Firstly this book is one of the most recommended books for the DevOps test, and it has all the knowledge regarding Automate release processes, deployment, and continuous integration of your application as well as infrastructure automation with the powerful services. This book can give you a deep insight into the introduction of the domain.
- Continuous Delivery and DevOps – Quickstart written by Paul Swartout. This book is a pragmatic and engaging guide book, which narrates the plan and navigates through the journey to successful CD and DevOps adoption. All the key features are mentioned in this book.
- Implementing DevOps on AWS written by Veselin Kantsev. If you want to know about how to adopt DevOps in your organization this book will do wonders for you. It will mention all the important skills for developers, whether you work for a start-up, an SMB, or an enterprise.
Step 3 – E-learning and Study material
Our third important source is e-learning. According to a study, learning retention rates improve from 8 to 10 percent if we study through online programs. As we invest ourselves more to understand things better as we are much more enthusiastic to learn the thing visually. Hence one must also use online learning during their preparation for all-around progress. Study materials are developed by professionals to save your notes making time. Vskills offers you its E-Learning Study Material and its hard copy as well, to supplement your learning experience and exam preparation. Moreover, this online learning material is available for a lifetime and is updated regularly.
Refer: Certified DevOps Testing Professional Sample Chapter
Step 4 – Check your Progress with Practice Tests
The last part of the study guide suggests that a candidate should try their hands on a practice test, to assess their progress and make sure about the preparation. This will strengthen your preparation and will make your mind sharp to remember things. Multiple practice tests will make you familiar from the exam environment and that will boost your confidence.