Certified Professional master in project management is responsible for handling initiation, planning, designing, execution, monitoring, and controlling of a project. Using their skills and abilities, they recognize the risk that can impact formally or informally throughout the project. Project manager professionals also make decisions for providing benefits to their projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project managers perform tasks like planning and defining scope, activity planning and sequencing, resource planning and developing schedules.
- They also provide methods for estimating time, cost as well for developing a Budget.
- They coordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors to provide flawless execution of projects.
- Project managers also ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Further, they also assist in the definition of project scope and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Lastly, they also manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
Vskills Certified Master in Project Management
Vskills Master in project management certification will cover the topics according to industry standards. This includes strategic management and fit of a new project, project economics, and finance, IT-based project management tools, international project management and project ethics. Moreover, this course will also cover the essential tools and techniques of project management that are required during project planning, project estimation, project scheduling, and project implementation.
Candidates holding Vskills Project Management Certification will be able to explore exciting career opportunities for the role of project managers across several industry domains. This certification will help candidates to acquire all the skills necessary to become a successful project manager.
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
Course Outline for Certified Master in Project Management
Certified Master in Project Management covers the following topics –
Project Management Basics
- Defining a Project
- Who is a Project Manager
- Project Manager Skills
- Communication Skills
- Critical and Systems Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management History
- The Project Triangle
Project Management Approach
- Waterfall Model
- Agile Basics
- Scrum Basics
- Strategic Management
- Innovation Management
- Change Management
- Project Leadership
- Project Stakeholders
- Developing Project Charter
- Project Scoping
- Project Budgeting
- Project Feasibility
- Estimation Tools and Techniques
- Project Appraisal
- Handling Project Risk
- Base Lining
- Developing the Project Schedule
- Priority Assignment
- Allocating Project Time
- Scheduling Techniques
- Arrow Diagramming Method
- Forward Pass
- Backward Pass
- Precedence Diagram Method
- Line of Balance (LOB)
- Project Crashing
- Team Development and Management
- Vendor Management
- Contract Management
- Project Control Tools and Techniques
- Project Scope Creep Management
- Project Optimization
- Project Delivery
- Project Documentation
- Project Performance Metrics and Tools
- Quality Standards
- Six Sigma
Project Economics and Finance
- Project Economics
- Financial Techniques (EUAC, NPV, IRR, B/C)
- Project Valuation
- Life Cycle Costing
- Project Funding and Selection
- Project Accounting
- Ethical Theories
- Ethical Principles
- Business Ethics
- Project Ethics
- Project Governance
IT based Project Management
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Open source tool
- Online Cloud tools
International Project Management
- Why International Project Management
- Managing Cultural Diversity
- Managing Global Teams
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified Master in Project Management
Candidates before starting preparing for the should get all the exam-related resources so that they can start preparation in a proper manner. Moreover, doing this will not only help them understand things better but it will also help them to quickly complete the syllabus. Further, this will provide an advantage to better understand the concepts. However, in the Certified Master in Project Management exam preparation guide, we will discuss some of the most important resources to help you prepare well for the exam.
Refer Exam Objectives
Understanding exam objectives is essential for any exam as it provides a huge benefit to candidates during the preparation time. So, the first task should be to get all the exam-related details that include the important contents and its resources. Doing this will help candidates to understand things more accurately. For the Certified Master in Project Management topics include:
- Project Management Basics
- Project Management Approach
- Strategic Management
- Project Planning
- Project Scheduling
- Project Implementation
- Project Quality
- Project Economics and Finance
- Project Ethics
- IT-based Project Management
- International Project Management
Vskills Certified Master in Project Management helps candidates to prepare for the exam using the online learning material for a lifetime. The online material for this is regularly updated. Moreover, the e-learning that is provided comes with hard copy material for helping candidates to improve and update the learning curve for getting better opportunities.
Books for Reference
While preparing reference books can provide an advantage to learn and understand things more accurately. For the Certified Master in Project Management exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Project Management Book by Harold Kerzner
- Brilliant Project Management Book by Rob Cole and Stephen BARKER
Evaluate yourself with Practice Test
After completing the topics for the Certified Master in Project Management exam, candidates should start assessing using practice tests. Using practice tests will help them for better preparation. Moreover, it will provide an advantage to candidates as by examining and assessing with these tests they will know about their weak areas and improve them.